Westjet posts first quarterly loss

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

I’m no fan of Milton but the facts are quite different. I think you should be asking how much Clive has made off his WJ shares. Wasn’t it around 50 million or so? Actually I thought I read that Clives's total profit package so far was around 150 million but who's counting.

There are going to be no winners in this new price war albeit only the consumer in the short term. The big losers will be all the airline employees…Name one other industry that sells its product below cost and remains in business.
---------- ADS -----------

shitdisturber
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by shitdisturber »

The difference being that it's the value of the shares Beddoe holds; it doesn't say anything about him having sold them off. At least he's put his money where his mouth is and taking a hit in salary due to the loss of value of shares. If memory serves, Miltie took his large salary and bonuses while forcing roll backs on everybody else. Given that everybody at the upper end of business is out to screw the little guy; and I'm not arguing that point, it seems that Beddoe at least has some shred of decency and integrity left. Would that we could say the same for Milton.

motherfokker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by motherfokker »

:shock: thats it the end is near Jetsgone is about to take over.

Fly it like ya stole it!!!
Buster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buster »

Pyramid schemes eventually cave in on them selves. It was only a matter of time until this one came crumbling down.

Whoa Doggy
CanadaEH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CanadaEH »

"Pyramid Scheme" hahaha :lol: :lol:

Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Snagmaster E »

Seems like some people don't quite like Westjet.....wonder why.

Pyramid... bah.

Name me one...ONE company that doesn't operate on a pyramid structure (meaning lots on bottom and few on top). If you're referring to a pyramid scheme, then I think you should look at the definition again.

Westjet had a loss - so what? Some people here are acting like it's the end already. Hell, what's Air Canada's record been for the last 5 years? And why does everybody seem to rally behind Air Canada? Can anybody say Furlough? Westjet's been hiring - I know they don't pay like AC, but don't complain. As bad as anybody thinks it would be to work for Westjet, there are about 100 guys who would gladly take your job.

Oh and 45k a year with a uniform isn't great considering how long some guys have been making peanuts. Who cares if the TA's gotta get there own stuff? Didn't cost them anywhere from 20 to 60k to get there education I'm betting.

But that's just my opinion.

Money, wish I had it...
CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

I think Jetsgo and Canjet should join forces and call themselves EASTJET and compete with WESTJET..what do you guys think?

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

I believe that was tried already, Canada 3000.

Return to “General Comments”