Northern Ontario Operators

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Juice
Rank 1
Rank 1

Northern Ontario Operators

Post by Juice »

Looking for information on operators in Thunder Bay. Bearskin and Thunder Airlines specifically; what they're doing now, what they are like to work for, wages, etc. Is Bearskin just running the Metro now? I don't know much about the operators in Northern Ontario so any help is appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

bartbandy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bartbandy »

Not much?
I think the bear is down to metro only, and thunder has parked at least one of their mu2's , so I would have to think they are hurting too.

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

really bizzare ! I see this kingair with bearskin titles every moorning...today it was a metro though !

Casio
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Casio »

Cant speak much about the bear.
I hear mixed things outta Thunder, but I dont get up there very often these days, just rumours, medics are not happy and leaving, looking for pilots but people are not willing to sign training bonds, parked MU2s in Thunder Bay..
We did some contract runs from down south to Thunder Bay, would always see Air Bravo, I beleive they are a northern operator out of Thunder Bay as well.
As for Northern Ontario, there would also be, North American Charters, Nakina Air Service, Voyageur, Commerical, Lockhart (Some charter stuff I think) Hicks and Lawrence (Fire Patrol), and another big one out around Dryden, but I cant think of the name right now (Veilleurs??) Georgian also heads up north with their Caravans, and of course Bearskin, and Thunder.
Lots of other float operators too, but I am too tired to list them..

Casio
Striving for Excellence

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

Vickers vanguard do you live in North Bay by chance?. Beaskin runs a lone King Air 100 on the YYB-YSB route (it's based in YYB). On sundays (or if the King Air is down, or the crew is unavailable) the company picks up the scheds with a tube. The Bear was running 8 tubes and a King Air (there might still be a 99 inYXL too-not sure).

(DOH!.. :oops: I see by your profile you are from North Bay-the whole look before you leap thing.)

talkinghead
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by talkinghead »

tintin wrote:Vickers vanguard do you live in North Bay by chance?. Beaskin runs a lone King Air 100 on the YYB-YSB route (it's based in YYB). On sundays (or if the King Air is down, or the crew is unavailable) the company picks up the scheds with a tube. The Bear was running 8 tubes and a King Air (there might still be a 99 inYXL too-not sure).

(DOH!.. :oops: I see by your profile you are from North Bay-the whole look before you leap thing.)
umm... its now a 99 in YYB and i hear they have a 99 doing charters out of YTH as well.

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

I haven't seen the 99 for a while....but the 100 is still there for its daily run.
Monday, both the metro & the 100 were at work....

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Worked at Thunder for 5 yrs and had a great time. Great bunch of guys to work for. President is very easy to talk to as was the Head of Maintenance. That was a few years ago mind you (1995-2000) and I haven't kept up with the recent goings on there.

Return to “General Comments”