Jetsgo may be sold

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Jetsgo may be sold

Post by DA900 »

Read in Aviation International News that A.C.E. (Air Canada) is looking at buying 49% stake in Jetsgo.

It states that it would give the airline a more level playing field with Westjet. Thus allowing Air Canada to use there planes to focus on there US runs if the open sky policy moves forward allowing US and Canadian aircraft to service multilateral cities in each others country.

When contacted both Air Canada and Jetsgo stated they had no comment.
---------- ADS -----------

Rectum, damn near killed 'em
Frogsky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Frogsky »

Culdn't find that article in AIN, onlione edition.

Benwa
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Benwa »

--In his wrapup remarks, the FAA chief said, "If you think the safety bar is set too high, then your
standards are set too low."
peeelot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by peeelot »

Now Air Canada can charge 30000 for all ratings

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

Deja vue, Roots Air II

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Swamp Donkey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Swamp Donkey »

"Anybody thinking along the lines that Jetsgo is trying to cut into the market share, make themselves look viable (and a pain in the ass), and then sell to the highest bidder? Perhaps when the skies are open to American carriers, one would want those routes?"

I posted that in January. If it's true, M. Leblanc business practices are, at the least, predictable!

Again, if it's true, looks like he'll run with the money again... :roll:

redbeard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by redbeard »

Hey, if thats true then all those guys at Jetsgo are going to be Air Canada employees. I'll bet the resume intake there just went through the roof.

just another pilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by just another pilot »

Naa, Mapleflots not a monoploy.

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

Of course this was a joke.

Like many threads on Avcanada it seems they don't have to be dealing with the facts anymore. There was a time when this site was enjoyable to read, but it full of vindictive people who seem to want a plane to crash just so they can say " I told you so" even if they don't have any idea what had happened. They can sit in there Lazyboys and tell everybody that it was due to lack of experience although the pilots had 10, 000 hr each.

I don't know when this changed from a civilized form on how things are going in our industry to now where so called Moderators do personal attacks on companies and people.

It is a shame because it was fun comming here to see what was happening. Now its just people slamming airlines and each other. :cry:

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

DA900, I agree with your overall observations about the aviation community, but let me get this right. You tell a joke, people take the bait or laugh about it, and then you admonish us?

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

DA900 :

Maybe there are so many vindictive, unhappy people posting here because the industry is going to hell with to many unemployed and underpaid people?

And you forgot to mention that I mostly leave the companies alone and I pick on TC.. :mrgreen:

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
just another pilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by just another pilot »

DuhA, do you mean you Trolled us? tsk tsk tsk. :wink:

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

It was not a troll at all. It was a just a simple point that people will write anything to be noticed. As I did.

Cat you are one of the few I have any respect for. At the least you tell it as you see it. I may not always agree, but I do respect your opinion. It is some of your comrades I take issue with.

Panama Jack I was not trying to admonish people who have a sense of humour and can take a joke. It was focused at those who spread rumours about other companies they know nothing about. This thread was not directed at anybody who responded to it, but the untold few who seem to enjoy making malicious statements about other companies.

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

DA900 wrote:Of course this was a joke.

Like many threads on Avcanada it seems they don't have to be dealing with the facts anymore. There was a time when this site was enjoyable to read, but it full of vindictive people who seem to want a plane to crash just so they can say " I told you so" even if they don't have any idea what had happened. They can sit in there Lazyboys and tell everybody that it was due to lack of experience although the pilots had 10, 000 hr each.

I don't know when this changed from a civilized form on how things are going in our industry to now where so called Moderators do personal attacks on companies and people.

It is a shame because it was fun comming here to see what was happening. Now its just people slamming airlines and each other. :cry:
We seem to have forgotten the reason(s) why we all as a collective group got into aviation.

1. We love airplanes, fixing them or flying them.

2. Opportunities provided by advancement in our chosen trade.

3. The lifestyle it provides us.

4. Where else do you find a job that takes you to into a sort of 'time capsule' and you end up in a third world country then back again into the pinnacle of civilization in comfortable surroundings brought to us by technology.

We want to attain a certain standard of living and to provide a comfortable environment for us and our families in years to come. All the while accumulating great experiences along the way.

We drop 30-40-50K on our licenses and endorsements to get that first job and climb the slippery pole to get to the airlines the 'Mecca' sacred ground many aspire to attain.....all these sacrifices to get to the level of a 705 sked job with bananas on your shoulders....
We as pilot have embarked in a lifetime of study, exams, and flight tests every 6-12 months.

We are at the mercy of the medical every 6-12 months. We cannot help if one becomes a diabetic, heart problems, etc...

and then you ask me to pay $32K over 2 years for a 44K job a year that keeps me away from my family and friends 22 days a month working 15 hours a day!?!?

Good guys or not...they are spreading a wrong message to the industry.
Their actions are putting someone else’s hands in my pocket.
from the movie "Risky Business" where the pimp turns to Tom Cruise and says the following...

"Never @#$! with another mans livelihood"
Someone is phucking with my money...I don't know about you....I don't like my money phucked with.

We as a collective group have a responsibility to ensure OUR lifestyle we all aspire to attain remains intact for those that follow us.

Anything short of that is unacceptable...if you don't like it...move over and become a plumber.

In conclusion it’s curious when many that cross that line and hear me ramble on about it find it necessary to call the 'Moderator’s opinion card'...I am a member of this board I have an opinion as do you...email Avcanada and ask them to remove my mod status...don't announce it on here expecting a censorship or to put me on a leash...that tactic is not even close to being clever.

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

Goodness gracious. A moderador uses the "ph" word on our forum. :shock:

-President Ronald Reagan

Return to “General Comments”