Westjet

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Jastapilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Westjet

Post by Jastapilot »

whiteguy wrote:
Jastapilot wrote:The LCC launch customer for the 787 sounds pretty slick.
Here's a couple "LCC" carriers with orders already, Air Berlin, Monarch, Jetstar, Arkia, Travel Service, and TUI.

Don't think you'll be launching anything! 8)
oops, I meant in North America, on Wednesdays, on every 3rd leap year. :prayer: :roll:

BTW, what do you suppose "LCC" means? I didn't say Low Fare Airline.
---------- ADS -----------

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

Cheap, lots around for parts, and if they sell the seats for the same price the everyone else does they'll make a killing.

Attachments
C46.jpg
C46.jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 4368 times
High Flyin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by High Flyin »

For a massive undertaking such as a transatlantic flight...You'll definitely need not 1 but 2 flights decks...

Or Westjet could by new Airbus's ridiculous new super-liner...
Airbus: "HAHA how could Boeing ever surpass us now in passenger capacity"\

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Stick to the plan, stick to the plan, stick to the plan, I guess international is okay, stick to the plan, I guess sun charters are okay too, but we don't want to wind up like Big Red so for God's sake stick to the plan...

"WestJet now announces non-stop service from Vancouver to Brisbane on their 737-700s!"

Due to weight restrictions and lack of underfloor cargo space, passengers are limited to weights of 100lbs or less and one carry on per two people. A Westjet representative will mediate paper-rock-scissors contests to determine who gets to bring their carry on. Passengers are required to push the aircraft to the runway for takeoff, flap their arms when taking off, and push the aircraft to the terminal upon arrival. For any of you TC types who think we not within our fuel limits, we are actually going to Pago Pago, then diverting to Brisbane. This is entirely satirical. Thank you for choosing WestJet

Attachments
aux_tanks.gif
aux_tanks.gif (15.6 KiB) Viewed 3981 times
Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
vinnie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinnie »

. wrote:They will have a two class cabin whatever it is.

With the crap wages they pay their junior FO's, that is probably a new hire bunking down for the night. Can't afford anything in Calgary on west jet FO wages, unless you cash in your RRSPs!

The Fish
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by The Fish »

Ok, I'll feed the troll.

First year pay is 50Gs Vinnie.

What should it be?

Joe Blow Schmo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Joe Blow Schmo »

Jastapilot wrote: BTW, what do you suppose "LCC" means? I didn't say Low Fare Airline.
Wouldn't that be LFA? :smt040

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

To give a serious response, I'd say the 737-900ER. Carries the same amount of people or more if you want, with more range than the 800.

800 specs.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737fam ... 0tech.html

900ER specs.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737fam ... Rtech.html

The 900 would fit into there plans there with the one type comminality as well so.

thats just my thought

vinnie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinnie »

I know some guys that started there a few years ago, and were taking home $750 every two weeks. I know of several guys who had to cash in RRSPs just to cover daily living expenses.

You can spout all the garbage you want about profit sharing, stock options, etc.

Simple fact is I know at least 10 people that have "moved on" to WJ in the past few years. Honeslty, most say they regret it, as it isn't as good as they were led to believe. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, no matter how much the green-juice drinkers try and tell you. Some guys I know actaully feel they were a little duped my all the "hype"

no movement, no upgrades, picking up garbage in the back between flights, eating out of a cooler bag becasue the company doen't provide meals or a decent meal allowance, NO THANKS! :rolleyes:

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

vinnie wrote:I know some guys that started there a few years ago, and were taking home $750 every two weeks. I know of several guys who had to cash in RRSPs just to cover daily living expenses.

You can spout all the garbage you want about profit sharing, stock options, etc.

Simple fact is I know at least 10 people that have "moved on" to WJ in the past few years. Honeslty, most say they regret it, as it isn't as good as they were led to believe. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, no matter how much the green-juice drinkers try and tell you. Some guys I know actaully feel they were a little duped my all the "hype"

no movement, no upgrades, picking up garbage in the back between flights, eating out of a cooler bag becasue the company doen't provide meals or a decent meal allowance, NO THANKS! :rolleyes:
glad to know, seeya.

Drinking outside the box.
The Fish
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by The Fish »

So vinnie, starting wage IS 50gs without all the "garbage" you listed.

What should it be?

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

Vinnie,

WS is what it is - not perfect but a good enough gig for the likes of me.

Any one of your friends is welcome to go back from whence they came if WS is not meting their expectations. There is no bond and we only expect people who are happy to stay.

The money is better than most jobs out there to start and it gets better quickly - oh and the garbage you speak of - it buys a lot of really nice things.

If you don't want to groom then don't come.

If you don't like the way things are done then go somewhere else.

I'd recommend Cathay Freighter FO if you are qualified.

I've been here 5 and a bit, my last pay stub said 160k so far this year with 1 month to go - so if you want I could pick you and your friends up a box of kleenex and you guys can get together for a good cry.

WS isn't for everybody and that is fine.

Vinnie, it is poor taste to come on here and spread rubbish about a great job you know very little about.

I don't need your approval - get a life.

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

To make such a big deal out of Westjet suggests that someone has vendetta. Either didn't get called for an interview or didn't impress during the interview. It happens and I can understand the response.

Everyone handles rejection differently. Show some compassion.

bmc
vinnie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinnie »

bmc wrote:To make such a big deal out of Westjet suggests that someone has vendetta. Either didn't get called for an interview or didn't impress during the interview. It happens and I can understand the response.

Everyone handles rejection differently. Show some compassion.

Never applied, never will!

vinnie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinnie »

jjj wrote:Vinnie,

WS is what it is - not perfect but a good enough gig for the likes of me.

Any one of your friends is welcome to go back from whence they came if WS is not meting their expectations. There is no bond and we only expect people who are happy to stay.

The money is better than most jobs out there to start and it gets better quickly - oh and the garbage you speak of - it buys a lot of really nice things.

If you don't want to groom then don't come.

If you don't like the way things are done then go somewhere else.

I'd recommend Cathay Freighter FO if you are qualified.

I've been here 5 and a bit, my last pay stub said 160k so far this year with 1 month to go - so if you want I could pick you and your friends up a box of kleenex and you guys can get together for a good cry.

WS isn't for everybody and that is fine.

Vinnie, it is poor taste to come on here and spread rubbish about a great job you know very little about.

I don't need your approval - get a life.
How much of that $160,000 was actually TAKE HOME? You are including all the other stock options, etc in that. Funny how a Captain who has been there 8 years makes LESS than you. Guess he is more honest in disclosing his TRUE WAGES

Now, go drink your green kool-aid. I think there is some garbage in aisle 10 to clean up, maybe some puke, if you are real lucky!.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

Oh, with options it will be a little bit more than that on the T4.

I'll send you a copy when I get it next year.

Have a nice day in the circuit.

Merry Christmas Vinnie.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

The Fish wrote:So vinnie, starting wage IS 50gs without all the "garbage" you listed.

What should it be?
I wish $50k was the start at AC. We embarrass our new hires with $37.9 first year (which is longer as the clock starts from after you are checked out and do your first line flight).

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

yycflyguy,

Vinnie would like to know how much of that was take home.

Oh,

yycflyguy, no more glug glug for 2009 - seeya in 2010.

Flightlevels
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Flightlevels »

fish are biting!

well, I'm close to 300k this year. I'll pick up garbage and I'll come clean your toilets! for that pay.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

Vinnie would like to know how much of that is take home.

Return to “General Comments”