Just Wondering

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

out with it
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by out with it »

what a bunch of naive little girls you all are

y'all will get a huge wake up call some day if you learn how many people in this biz from rampies to baggage to PIC's who smoke
---------- ADS -----------

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

Their is a simple sollution to you problem Newf. Stop partying. I was going to ramble on a little about use and effects but thought that I would just get you started on some research instead. Here is a couple of links to websites, their are plenty more and you would probably be smarter to find answers here than making your drug use semi public on this forum.
http://www.counselling.cam.ac.uk/drugs.html
http://www.factsontap.org/drugdeal/basics.html
Editted to add another easier to follow chart like logarithm.

Newfie939
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Newfie939 »

Wow, I never expected this much discussion when I first posted. But I thank you all for your views and opinions. I am not a pothead, tho alot of my friends are (sorry for that confusion TCAS and CF-RYE). Now that I will soon be in industry (hopefully) I am distancing myself from these people for my sake, and the ones who fly the planes I work on. I was just curious as to how the industry worked as far as marijuana use goes, and you guys have certainly cleared alot of this up. So I guess I just gotta wait for the system to flush itself out, and maybe I'll be working with one of you guys! haha

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

Newf-
Depends what area of the industry you wanna work in. Either way it's probably not the greatest idea, but lots of the younger bush guys (dock, pilot, and ame alike) puff the magic dragon every now and then. Like special k said, those guys are no worse than the guy who drinks his face off every night at home and flies or turns a wrench hung over to the gills the next day.
That being said, something like that would follow you around for a very long time in this industry, so the only sure-fire way to keep a good rep is to stay away from the bud.

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

Very nice. That brings back cool memories of grade 7 when they taught us all about sex and drugs. Up until then we had no idea all this cool shit existed. You should have seen the parties after they showed everyone.
Ya Ya we all know that drugs are bad and it's just like they told us. Smoking a bit in school will eventually lead you to a life strung out on the streets of east Vancouver.
The guy just had a simple question he didn’t ask to be lectured on the effects of drugs or have his career threatened.
Guys who go around giving people grief about experimental drug use in school are the same guys who never got invited to the parties, unless it was so everyone could yank there gitch up over there head. Some of you must have a god damn miserable life, taking everything so personally. Give up the save the world crusade!! Shit if they let a guy be a world leader after drug experimentation, sure as hell we can let a guy fix airplanes. What do you people do walk around in a Moomoo and sandals, munching on granola, while judging other people. I realize I’m one of the great unwashed but if you could just see it in you heart not to call my employer and tell them about those bar sluts I nailed while you sat over in the corner all night sipping your near beer. I would hate to go through life "blackballed" but I guess it would beat going through it with no balls. Like some of you.

Special K
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Special K »

You're 'The Man', man.

I hope you don't make them pee their moomoo(i love that word!) after reading that!

K

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

phillyfan--very well said.

please tell me philly doesn't mean the flyers! :lol:

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

Philly,
You're half right. He asked a question. I gave him a place to go look for answers. I hope I wasn't lecturing, I gave that up years ago.
You guys are right, their really is very little difference between drinking the night before and smoking a little weed the night before, something happens and your going to be raked over the coals, excepting maybe that one is legal and the other isn't? Irregardless the feces will still hit the fan.
Hey, I partied as hard or harder than most as a teen, just never bothered with that wacky tabacky. Pot is hot, but liquor is quicker.

Mitch Cronin
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mitch Cronin »

Well that's refreshing to see some agreement for a change. ;)

Most of us could introduce you to all kinds of people who have occasionally smoked pot, including Pilots, AME's, Doctors, Lawyers, Rocket Scientists, Ambulance drivers, Politicians, CEO's... you name it...

I don't know of any occasion where a joint smoked on a Friday night made a dope out of someone on a Monday morning.... But it certainly would never, and should never be tolerated around the workplace, just like alcohol!

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by r22captain »

Newfie939 wrote:Now that I will soon be in industry (hopefully) I am distancing myself from these people for my sake, and the ones who fly the planes I work on.
very good choice.....stick with it and you'll be fine.

CF-RYE
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CF-RYE »

Philly.... you tough son of a bitch! :x

Maybe you could have went toe to toe with that big bastard from Gull bay.

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

Drugs have no place in aviation. That being said, what you do in your spare time is your own business. I don't care if you have a bong the size of a grain silo in your room as long as you are bright eyed and alert when reporting to go to work.

Return to “General Comments”