Air Mikisew shut down?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

aviator2010
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Mikisew shut down?

Post by aviator2010 »

I've seen many companies on the ropes, but haven't seen any of them come back after this long out of operation due to a suspension issued for cause.
how many of them have been back by indians who have a stake in the second largest oil reserves in the world?
---------- ADS -----------

Panama Jack wrote:I'm afraid I will have to agree with aviator2010
The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by The Old Fogducker »

Excellent point aviator. The sum total would be zero!

I'll watch with interest.

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

Wow what a mess……looks like some of the aircraft maintenance records are non existent with a lot of missing documentation both hard copy and electronic. :shock: :?

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by The Old Fogducker »

I'm surprised nobody has said "Its just paper ... it doesn't have anything to do with safety."

OFD

Tiger Moth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tiger Moth »

The Old Fogducker wrote:I'm surprised nobody has said "Its just paper ... it doesn't have anything to do with safety."

OFD
That's what the accountable executive / gm said lol... along with "you can't do that to us, we're indians!"

I hear they are suing TC for being unfair to them...

aviator2010
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by aviator2010 »

my post wasen't meant to be racisit, the band has money they've been dealing with oil companies and law suits for years, the baisis of the formation of their airline was to not leave members stranded without air service.

Panama Jack wrote:I'm afraid I will have to agree with aviator2010
Tiger Moth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tiger Moth »

Looks like they are trying to get AME's again. Ad says only 10+ years experience on type... They gonna be able to get that kind of help in the mess they are in? They couldn't even keep the help they had...

Oh wait, they fired all the AME's because they where the problem...

Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

They'd be better off to have a "hanger fire" then problem solved, buy new a/c... back in business!

yodan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yodan »

They fired the DOM ( a very experience and well respected AME) in March/April. No change. They fired the QA. No change. They blamed/fired the maintenance staff. No change. TC/CTA still holds fast on their decision. Other tactics are unsuccessful. Still no change.

Hmmmmm! How about firing the GM and the Ops Mgr; that is where the problem lies. One of the duties/responsabilities of the Ops Mgr is "liaison" with TC. Don't get me wrong! I'm NOT a TC fan. However, having held Ops Mgr and C/P positions, I learned the hard way that you have to "pick the hill to die on". I belong to the "crusty old bastard, hard nose SOB club, but I always managed to pass TC audits (now PVIs) with flying colours. Never had an NOS or AOC suspended. I will bend but will NEVER break the rules. In the end SOMEONE IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB at Mikisew and it is unfortunate because they are paying the price as we speak.

Start by bringing back RM as GM and let him pick his key people...guaranteed you will see AM spring back ito action.

Tiger Moth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tiger Moth »

+1

Everyone except the gm/ops man seems to see this... It's sad to see the people dependant on the services provided by Air Mikisew suffering for one mans over-inflated ego.

Either that or he is just in it for the ride, see how long he can suck the tit before the milk runs dry.

fortchipper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fortchipper »

:smt014

Last edited by fortchipper on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

fortchipper wrote:
All staff should have been let go in my opinion as everyone played a role in this. The GM of Air Mikisew and GM of Group of Companies should been fired on the spot no questions asked as they are the ones at the top of the food chain and SHOULD have known what was going on.
Surely fortchipper, you don't think everyone from the ramp crew and all support crew, including the pilots should be fired do you?

jj

Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Ogee »

fortchipper wrote: The GM of Air Mikisew and GM of Group of Companies should been fired on the spot no questions asked as they are the ones at the top of the food chain and SHOULD have known what was going on.
Bingo. It's surprising another carrier hasn't moved in there already.

Gumby
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gumby »

Bingo. It's surprising another carrier hasn't moved in there already.
What about Alta flights, Bar XH, and Nor-Alta? I have only seen their planes around, but I understand they were/are doing some work in lieu of Air Mikisews rather sticky situation.

Tiger Moth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tiger Moth »

Alta-Flights has a metro in there doing Skeds to Fort Chip on behalf of McMurray Aviation (covering for the Caravan that had the nose gear "issue"), Bar XH was doing some kind of chisel charter type medevacs with Air Mikisew, working out of the Mik hangar, and Nor-Alta seems to be bunking in the hangar next door to Air Mikisew. I think Nor Alta might be doing the medevacs instead of Bar XH now.... Maybe trying to get some more work too, I think they have a Caravan based there for now too.

I think no one expected Air Mikisew to be down so long so they didn't make the huge financial step it would require to step in and make a sub base for a month... though it looks like Mikisew is circling the drain so if they slide down it I am sure someone will step in and take on some work. Someone has to get in there with the Fort Chip community and the Oilsands guys, all that money just needs to be spent!

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

I’m sure McMurray Aviation is more than happy to supply lift for Air Mikisew customers. Wade got it figured out that the Caravan is the right machine for hauling freight around the area…..not Navajo’s and Beech 99’s. :roll:

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Who was the Accountable Executive ?
How Accountable has the Executive been ?

fortchipper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fortchipper »

:smt014

Last edited by fortchipper on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

I belong to the "crusty old bastard, hard nose SOB club
How do I join?

swordfish
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by swordfish »

yycflyguy wrote:How do I join?
You have to be a professional; hard worker; respect the chain of authority; have personal, professional, and moral standards; not malign your own company, regardless of how poorly morale is doing at the snapshot in eternal time; be circumspect, tolerant, and helpful to your subordinates; and generally don't post shit on this board.

If you can meet these demanding standards, you're in like Flynt. Oooops, sorry...by implication you have to have an A-licence that starts with 0, 1, or 2...

Return to “General Comments”