Anywhere Map Quadra GPS

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

kzcvtm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Anywhere Map Quadra GPS

Post by kzcvtm »

I know that handheld GPS's have been talked about to death, but I've been looking at the Anywhere Map Quadra instead of a Garmin 500 Aera.

Does anyone on this board use this type of handheld GPS and provide a review of it's performance? I've searched the board but found nothing other than Garmin reviews.

Thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

schleprock
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Anywhere Map Quadra GPS

Post by schleprock »

I actually bought the quadra, but had to return it, as it did not have any maps for Canada.

ragbagflyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Anywhere Map Quadra GPS

Post by ragbagflyer »

I used the previous Anywhere Map ATC (presumably the precursor to the Quadra) on a flight from the Yukon to Wyoming and found the Canadian maps lacking. Also I found the software sluggish which made the touch screen a bit of a pain the ass to use. I'm not totally sold on touch screens when it comes to gps. Space isn't usually so lacking in the cockpit that you can't afford to have a slightly larger case and actual buttons. Don't underestimate the value of tactile feedback especially in a choppy air or when your eyes are moving quickly around the panel or out the window.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." - Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)

Return to “General Comments”