Sad State of T3 YYZ

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

aileron
Rank 5
Rank 5

Sad State of T3 YYZ

Post by aileron »

Just an observation, seems T3 is looking a little tired.

My visit was brief, dropping off the fam; but from what I saw, it seems it's stuck for some TLC... cracking/shattered terrazo tiling, tired picture tube monitors, buzzing lights and quite a few burned out pot lights. Isn't YYZ the most expensive airport to operate from? If so, GTAA sure is doing a piss poor job keeping up with some basic terminal maintenance.
---------- ADS -----------

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Sad State of T3 YYZ

Post by KAG »

you think thats bad, try the food, or lack there of.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

T1 has no good food either .. lots of restaurants, but they all serve the same expensive crap.

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

Hey at least there is a Swiss Chalet at T3 :P

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I'll take T3 over T1 any day. T3 has Challet Suisse and it doesn't have that stupid middle level that stops halfway forcing you to take the escalators up or down (which are turned off half the time) to rejoin it on the other end.

The GTAA should go out to YYC or YVR and get a lesson in the food court system, instead of a Tim Hortons with the slowest staff on the planet who barely understand english or a pizza-pizza that now charges $4.50 a slice. :x

Let’s Go Brandon
teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

I heard in the grand master plan it will be torn down and T1 extended. Any truth to that?

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

The GTAA is in the hole 7 billion dollars. They built a 5 billion dollar terminal with a projected usefull life of 35 years but mortgaged it over 75 years. I'm sure that seemed like a good idea to someone? I think a better question is when is the GTAA going to hand the keys back to the government and tell them to clean up the mess. If you want a really good laugh you should head to the main office parking lot and look at the amount of Mercedes, BMW's and Porsche's parked there. Not for profit they say? Its been quite profitable for some.

The GTAA isn't entirely to blame. Look at the 100's of millions the Federal Government extorts for lease payments. I wish I could run a business the way the government does. No risk and guarenteed high returns.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

That kind of economic policy makes perfect sense to someone who believes the world will end in 2012 :smt040

TAT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TAT »

The thing that ticks me off is that there is no free enterprise in the "food" market at the airport... everything is run by HMS host (cara) in every major ontario airport. Thus #hit food and #hit service. GTAA should open up for anyone to come in and set up shop. Look at montreal airport, vancouver ect :) much better selection!

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

As far as I know, lots of YVR vendors on the secure side are CARA as well(at least they used to be), and it seems to be ok. although for the longest time, the starbucks wouldn't accept their own prepaid cards because CARA wouldn't let it. they do now, though.

it think in general, in T.O. (not just the airport), the service just sucks in those low end minimum wage type operations.

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

Jesus, the nice little Pub in the Winnipeg airport(can't remeber the name, but there is really only one) is ten times better than any of the slop you get served on YYZ. Anytime your there, try the Cheddar/ beer soup, if they are still serving it, good stuff. The atmosphere there is also far above anything in YYZ, the feeling is Pub, not cheap facsimily thereof stuffed into a big expensive terminal.

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

the cafeteria inside the Canadian Airlines hangar at YYZ was pretty good before it closed

i also used to grab some falafal from the taxi stand at T3

i just found out about the great lunches at the TC building at YUL and would highly recommend it

sadly the taxi stand at YUL has gone downhill

YTS sucks

YYB has a great restaurant

YAM always sucked whenever they were able to keep a restaurant in business

the breakfast wrap at YXU is cheap and very good

the cafeteria at YQB is great

conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by conehead »

whipline wrote:If you want a really good laugh you should head to the main office parking lot and look at the amount of Mercedes, BMW's and Porsche's parked there. Not for profit they say? Its been quite profitable for some.
I had the same thought...

golden hawk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by golden hawk »

Have a hamburger in Campbell River.......awesome restaurant there.

Swerved
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Swerved »

Sudbury has a good little restaurant...husband/wife team bought it last year, and have done great things with the menu! All prepared fresh on site, too. :) As for the TC lunches in YUL...yup, they're one of the best deals out there! Too bad about the taxi stand, though...used to look forward to my shishtaouk dinners. Oh well. :(

In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
Go Guns
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Go Guns »

Too bad about the taxi stand, though...used to look forward to my shishtaouk dinners.
The shish taouk is gone? That was the best part about going to YUL.

El Comat
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by El Comat »

And the shawarmas aren't anywhere near as good as they used to be. The meat doesn't even come off a spit anymore!

C-FABH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by C-FABH »

If you thought that the departures level at T3 was bad, try visiting the satellite terminal!!! Although it does have very quiet and clean restrooms, perfect for an afternoon trip to the pool in solitude

all_ramped_up
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by all_ramped_up »

C-FABH wrote:If you thought that the departures level at T3 was bad, try visiting the satellite terminal!!! Although it does have very quiet and clean restrooms, perfect for an afternoon trip to the pool in solitude
lol no kidding.

was a great spot to go grab a nap on my overnight shifts when i was working the ramp there.

Return to “General Comments”