Arctic Air CBC tv show

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GGCC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Arctic Air CBC tv show

Post by GGCC »

PT6-114A wrote:"NO BY GOD WE ARE MEN OF THE NORTH WE WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!! WE HAVE TESTICLES THAT CLANK!!!!!"

that made it all worth it right there!! I will check it out again.
Thanks for that, i missed the very last part about what the testicles do....

I don't think we are going to see much aviation technical expertise in the scrip-writing but i'd give it a pass for entertainment, when is the last time you saw a guy punched out in a CBC production? :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------

Go Juice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Go Juice »

15 minutes into the show and ... OMG!!!

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

It's TV show people, it's not supposed to be real, and lets face it, flying is boring most of the time. The Beachcombers was a great show.

bornagain1340
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bornagain1340 »

I stand by my opinion that no one can watch a TV show that portrays their career of choice and think it was good...doesn't matter if you are a pilot, doctor, beachcomber or professional dance judge (if the last one even exists).
Arctic Air only re-enforces this. Although I'll probably watch it again just out of morbid curiousity :?

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

bornagain1340 wrote: Although I'll probably watch it again just out of morbid curiousity :?
Me too :oops:

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

bornagain1340 wrote:I stand by my opinion that no one can watch a TV show that portrays their career of choice and think it was good...doesn't matter if you are a pilot, doctor, beachcomber or professional dance judge (if the last one even exists).
Arctic Air only re-enforces this. Although I'll probably watch it again just out of morbid curiousity :?
Good point bornagain1340!
Im curious if the truckers in Canada have a forum for "Ice road truckers" and make fun of that show as well?

To the average viewer, Arctic Air is good entertainment. Only our group (pilots) are egotistical enough to let it bother us if they call a deadstick landing (which btw is an accurate call for an engine(s) out landing) what it actually is. :roll:

Its a show people. Enjoy the entertainment factor and dont let the aviation scenes bother you so much (even though I bitch to my wife when they screw up a scene too lol).

I think the show is fun.
Fly safe all.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

flyinthebug wrote:
bornagain1340 wrote:I stand by my opinion that no one can watch a TV show that portrays their career of choice and think it was good...doesn't matter if you are a pilot, doctor, beachcomber or professional dance judge (if the last one even exists).
Good point bornagain1340!
Im curious if the truckers in Canada have a forum for "Ice road truckers" and make fun of that show as well?

To the average viewer, Arctic Air is good entertainment. Only our group (pilots) are egotistical enough to let it bother us if they call a deadstick landing (which btw is an accurate call for an engine(s) out landing) what it actually is. :roll:

Its a show people. Enjoy the entertainment factor and dont let the aviation scenes bother you so much (even though I bitch to my wife when they screw up a scene too lol).

I think the show is fun.
Fly safe all.
I just read the last few posts to my wife and she very nicely told me that the pilot wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends need a support group for this (and many other) problems
D

HS-748 2A
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by HS-748 2A »

Then we meet Joe, err, Mel with the bad temper....
:mrgreen:

So here's my take:
- Mel is Joe
- Krista is Justin
- Hailey is Kelly
- Kirby is an anorexic Adam Smith / Curtiss Dyson on oestrogen supplements.
- Loreen is Mikey
- Blake is Devon
- Cece is a cross between Roddy, Jimmy Essery and the guy who ran the store on North of 60'.
- Dev is Gideon from Summit
- Oh; and . MacEvoy is Bobby's dad...

How am I doing so far and how many episodes will we have to endure before Bobby finds his dad's airplane wreck? I sure hope the whole first season isn't just a dream..
8)

'48

GGCC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GGCC »

I can't wait for that poker game comin up....straight out of the ole wild west but i bet no one gets shot..LOL

BobBates
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BobBates »

I have only watched a part of one episode, but I think it will be a good series for basic entertainment. Considering it is fiction I think it will be a welcome relief from CSI this or CSI that and all the friggen nurse and Dr. shows.
But what do I know? My favorite aviation show was "Airplane". :smt040
Bob

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

snoopy wrote:
Big Pistons Forever wrote:
Only CBC could turn Northern bush flying into a chick flic :roll:
About time... Northern bush flying is a chick's gig.... :wink:

Cheers,
Kirsten B.
I'm willing to bet, if I called you a "chick" I'd wake up about a week later..... :smt040 :smt040

BTW, nice round engine start sounds on a PT6.....I just can't watch this crap!

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

This is quite possibly the worst TV show I've every tried to sit through. Does CBC do absolutely ZERO research?
I'm out.

burhead1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by burhead1 »

Watched for the first time, It is VERY Canadian. I feel I need to keep watching but not sure why, Like a train wreck.

sheephunter
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sheephunter »

The poker game was good. Has me wanting to see what happens next week.

FlyGy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by FlyGy »

Just go back to watching Pan Am then.

TheCheez
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by TheCheez »

The details of flying airplanes are terrible. That aside, it's not a terrible show. Try and look beyond the flying failures and Canadian production values, the show isn't bad for a prime time soap.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

TheCheez wrote:The details of flying airplanes are terrible. That aside, it's not a terrible show. Try and look beyond the flying failures and Canadian production values, the show isn't bad for a prime time soap.
And, the Leafs aren't a bad hockey team. They'll win the Stanley Cup this year......

Go Juice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Go Juice »

A bar in newfoundland advertises : Free food and drinks at every maple leafs playoff games!!

Lost Lake
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Lost Lake »

I just watched the second show All in. Maybe I'm taking this too serious, but to me, they make our bush industry look idiotic and dangerous. Forget that The turbine shots were inside a piston beaver, or that the captain called for feathering the engines after they were shut dow. It shows an unskilled and uncertified float pilot taking off without flight following ( 2Cars violations) but also a captain who knowing flew an aircraft without sufficient fuel, or properly securing a load (2 more violations) but also a bumbling fool for a co-pilot. Not only that, but they didn't have any shots from the Black Horse!!

Between Ice pilots and Arctic air, just imagine how the nieve general public must picture the bush flying world. Luckily, Pan Am is in the same time slot. Much more entertaining.

Unfortunately, it is so stupid that I will probably keep watching it during commercials on Pan Am.

tyndall
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tyndall »

You mean she didn't need to yell at him to put the mixture rich on the turbo beaver?! Next you'll be telling me that when you're miles out and you run out of fuel you don't declare a "deadstick" to the tower. And do you need to feather the props when the engines come to a dead stop when they run out of gas?

Return to “General Comments”