Mazza FIRED. Orgne in receivership

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ipilot54
Rank 4
Rank 4

Ornge-The truth is emerging (finally)

Post by ipilot54 »

:shock: So; Ornge uses taxpayer's money to start a for-profit company(s). Bilk investors into buying bonds under the premiss that you can give "yourself" contracts that the Ontario taxpayer is paying for. Then go buy new helicopters and get a nice kick back of 6.7 million. And you have the audacity to say that your salary is not reportable? Isn't that illegal?

While Ornge says that they have "other" income, they have next to nothing except for the cash on hand that suckers er..investors invested in Ornge.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/arti ... ances?bn=1
---------- ADS -----------

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Ornge-The truth is emerging (finally)

Post by Colonel Sanders »

That's peanuts compared to the billions Dalton McGuinty blew
on "green energy", and the billions Alan Rock blew on the Federal
Gun Registry. British submarines, anyone?

Concern yourself with the billions, and the millions will take care
of themselves, I always say.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I believe it is the other way around. Look to your pennies, and the pounds will take care of themselves

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by loopy »

Maybe some truth will start coming out reagarding that Alberta not for profit organization with the red choppers. :shock:

Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

loopy wrote:Maybe some truth will start coming out reagarding that Alberta not for profit organization with the red choppers. :shock:
They have PR spinsters to ensure that will not happen..

FL280
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FL280 »

Last edited by FL280 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyby17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyby17 »

Personally, I can live with whatever skeletons Ornge and Stars have in their closets, they provide an essential service for those provinces, but thats just me. People will always milk systems and get rich, no way around it.

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beach 200 »

Looks like Mazza pissed off someone at the Star. Now theres gonna be a PR nightmare at Ornge demanding apologies and such. Serves Mazza right, he is in this to get rich, why cant people understand that. He is using Ontarians as his start up capital.

FL280
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FL280 »

Last edited by FL280 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

flyby17 wrote:Personally, I can live with whatever skeletons Ornge and Stars have in their closets, they provide an essential service for those provinces, but thats just me. People will always milk systems and get rich, no way around it.
So happy you can live with the "essential service" that was being handled just fine thank you, before Ornge came into play, resulting in privately owned operations cutting back and laying off pilots. Glad you're good with that. Your background in the medevac business would be.....?

ng78
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ng78 »

Doc wrote: So happy you can live with the "essential service" that was being handled just fine thank you, before Ornge came into play, resulting in privately owned operations cutting back and laying off pilots.
... and replacing them with better paying and more secure jobs for pilots and other staff members. Hopefully you also agree that minimizing the role of some of these scrupulous privately owned operations that operated flights despite weather restrictions, only to return back to the point of origin, is a good thing. That being said, not all of the privately owned operations were scrupulous of course, but some definitely were.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Don't you mean Unscrupulous?

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
flyby17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyby17 »

Doc wrote:
flyby17 wrote:Personally, I can live with whatever skeletons Ornge and Stars have in their closets, they provide an essential service for those provinces, but thats just me. People will always milk systems and get rich, no way around it.
So happy you can live with the "essential service" that was being handled just fine thank you, before Ornge came into play, resulting in privately owned operations cutting back and laying off pilots. Glad you're good with that. Your background in the medevac business would be.....?
Tis the way of life, Doc. What is your real issue here? Having a provincial medevac system like Ornge operating, crushing medevac contract competitions, or having some crusty old doctor making a profit off of taxpayers money?

ipilot54
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ipilot54 »

I don't think that Ornge will survive the public scrutiny now on them. Too much wrong doing and what may be illegal transactions. Politicians will want the problem to go away and very quickly. The Health Minister is finally aware that things smell like a rotten Ornge.

And Ornge has now been "targeted"...remember EHealth? Here is today's new story: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/arti ... -idle?bn=1

MOH will probably take the administration of Air Ambulance back under its wing and restructure. That will leave Ornge "Global" out in the cold. I can also see the "investors" wondering what happened to their supposed guaranteed investment once Ornge loses control of dolling out money.

BTW: The management agreement give the MOH the right to take control of the OCC with NO notice and Ornge with 30 days notice.

ng78
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ng78 »

North Shore wrote:Don't you mean Unscrupulous?
Yes I do, that's what being tired does :lol:

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beach 200 »

Well I hope ORNGE or Mazza gets his or there just cause and is placed in front of a committee to answer where the money has been going.

It's obvious that instead of money going into hiring Paramedics and staffing, he is more concerned with opening "Super Bases" in Ontario and staffing it minimally with all the latest in toys!

When this was contracted to the private sector. X amount of dollars was paid to ensure each plane/heli was staffed with pilots and medics. Not how it goes now with two medics for two aircraft depending on the need.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

flyby17 wrote:
Doc wrote:
Tis the way of life, Doc. What is your real issue here? Having a provincial medevac system like Ornge operating, crushing medevac contract competitions, or having some crusty old doctor making a profit off of taxpayers money?
Paul Sr. is a doctor?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Now back to the originally scheduled bickering. :wink:

Will fix airplanes for food.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

ng78 wrote: Hopefully you also agree that minimizing the role of some of these scrupulous privately owned operations that operated flights despite weather restrictions, only to return back to the point of origin, is a good thing. That being said, not all of the privately owned operations were scrupulous of course, but some definitely were.
I know you meant "unscrupulous", and I'd sure like to see the list of unscrupulous operators to whom you refer?
While we're on the subject of operating flights "despite weather restrictions...", I flew several so called "medevacs" in weather that was well below approach limits at the destination airport, under the direct orders/and threats of losing future business by Ontario Medcom. We'd tell them we could NOT get in, they'd reply......"Go anyway, it might be Okay when you get there....." Or words to that effect.
Still like to see that list....or in your eyes, is every operation not run by the tax payer's dollars, "unscrupulous"?
For your information, EVERY one of these so called "unscrupulous" operators flew TWIN ENGINE aircraft, under the direct requirements of the Ontario medevac system. This seems to be a requirement lifted for the sole benefit of Ornge? All other operators are STILL to provide twin turbine pressurized aircraft. I put to you, this is one more example of Ornge not being required to follow the same rules of the game as everyone else. Not a very level playing field, now is it? Okay. Air Bravo has PC12's....but they couldn't very well exclude the PC12, now could they?
I have nothing against the pilots I've met at Ornge. Nice folks, all. Ornge itself has no right to exist.

ipilot54
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ipilot54 »

Comments from the Star: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/arti ... 1#comments

"... work for a for-profit consulting company..."
This is where these corrupted bureaucrats are channeling the taxpayers' money for those paramedics to. There is no such thing as a "non profit company". They're just playing with the figures. Make sure you give yourself and your "executives" high enough salaries and bonuses to balance the books, then you have yourself whatever "non profit" organization you want to call it. What's going to happen next ? ORNGE will disappear overnight. But only to be replaced by APLE. So long as you quietly let these perpetrator of corruptions out through the back door, everything remains the same. Except there will be "new rules for this new company", these corrupted bureaucrats is going to tell you. What's going to happen next from next. They will start selling their scam abroad. That's when they will tarnish the image of Canada when caught. Corruptions hurt everybody, including the image of a nation. When fighting corruptions, the term "non profit" always sounds the first alarm bell. The scam that these bureaucrats are using here is a rather primitive one. The fact that it hasn't been detected sooner demonstrates that corruptions are severe and widespread in Canada. There is an urgent need to fight corruptions in this country. If you have no law for corruptions or want to save face, at least charge these people with money laundering. Both crimes are eye sores to a nation's image.

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by I WAS Birddog »

I'm going to vomit. No..wait....YES. I am.

Until Canadians kick it 'olde school' and pick up pitchforks and take ALL of this $h!t back...it's useless.

I'll be in Tibet herding yak if anyone needs me.

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog

Return to “General Comments”