Accumulator/Logbook Software

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

klimman123
Rank 3
Rank 3

Accumulator/Logbook Software

Post by klimman123 »

Anyone out there know the name of a good software package to handle accumulators, logbooks etc....?? I made up a spreadsheet for my accumulator but would like something more versitale and dynamic. Any ideas???? :wink:
---------- ADS -----------

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Well if you want a free log book you can always hit the Garmin site and download the logbook for the 196. It will work as a stand alone.

FA28 guy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FA28 guy »

I wonder how a job interview goes with an electronic log book. I understand that it's legal I even like the idea of running totals. How does the applicant provide certification for all the entries. Are there hundreds of pieces of paper with times, regestrations, dates and names stuck to the floppy or the printout. I can just hear it now instead of the line "I lost my log book in the crash" its now going to be my logbook crashed and the backup had a virus"

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Well anyone who used that excuse with me wouldn't get the job anyways. Ever heard of backups? As for print outs I can give them what they want in a glance for totals along with my normal ink log book. I use the electronic log book for keeping a quick referencing tool for insurance, ratings, medicals, lookbacks and the like.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

I do not use paper logs anymore. My logbook totals up time by type, last 30 days, 60 days, etc. Problem was half the time i brought my printouts to TC to write an exam or get a licence i had to wait for a half an hour before they would admit that there is nothing in the CARs that says it has to be paper (i am too stubborn to point out where it specifically says electronic logs are ok).

ahramin

dxprguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dxprguy »

I have used a program called AeroWeb but it is a company PC flight dispatch / operations program that tracks aircraft, crewmembers etc.
http://www.aerotec.ca

cargo_guy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cargo_guy »

Just this weekend I made up a logbook spreadsheet that is quite functional. I'd like to share it but don't know how to attach files to my reply. If send me your e-mail I can send it to you.

ski_bum
Rank 6
Rank 6

www.mycanadianlogbook.com

Post by ski_bum »

Hey,
I have seen this website out there called http://www.mycanadianlogbook.com, it seems to be a good site, i talked to the guy that runs it, his name is Rick, he answered all my questions when i called him. It works good, has all the stuff you are looking for. Check it out and email him if you have any questions.

The best part of it is that it is super cheap, and it can be accessed any where as it is via the net.

klimman123
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by klimman123 »

Thanks for all the replies. I`ve down loaded a few and I`m in the process of checking the features and functions. If I find anything worth recomending I`ll pass the info along.

k

Return to “General Comments”