Air Bravo

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

toelessjoe
Rank 5
Rank 5

Air Bravo

Post by toelessjoe »

A little birdie told me something was going on over at Bravo. I'm not one to speculate soooooo......could someone speculate for me? Hmmm? :smt102

- Toeless.
---------- ADS -----------

Go Juice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Air Bravo

Post by Go Juice »

Rhumor has it they are replacing all of their single engine PC-12 by newer twin engine PC-24.

The main difference between the 2 airplane is the extended gliding distance of the -24.

:lol:

AUGER9
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by AUGER9 »

Go Juice wrote:Rhumor has it they are replacing all of their single engine PC-12 by newer twin engine PC-24.

The main difference between the 2 airplane is the extended gliding distance of the -24.

:lol:
They can't afford to buy fuel, so they probably can't afford new planes haha!

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

Wow welcome to jet-set Air Bravo. But the PC-24 won't be delivered until 2015 so bit of a wait. Will be based off of Grob SPN.

Brown Bear
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Brown Bear »

Fingers crossed they haven't suffered too much of a loss to recover from because of ORNGE? Doc says "Ornge should never have existed....." How true! The companies who lost their business thanks to this government FU&K UP should file a class action suit.
:bear: :bear:

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

The PC-24 will have a balanced-field length of 3000' and designed for unpaved/gravel strips which will make it perfect for NWO. Other feature is a large cargo door and the ability to quick change from air ambulance interior to passenger charter interior. I think it will be perfect fit for Air Bravo type business. Someone has to be the first to bring the jets to NWO. Why not them? I'm wondering where the cash injection comes from for the purchase though. I think other posters in the thread are wondering the same thing. Maybe toelessjoe has some info he is willing to share??

toelessjoe
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by toelessjoe »

I have nothing substantial to offer (I told her that :lol: ).

-Toeless

CJ3PILOT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CJ3PILOT »

Jean-Pierre wrote:The PC-24 will have a balanced-field length of 3000' and designed for unpaved/gravel strips which will make it perfect for NWO. Other feature is a large cargo door and the ability to quick change from air ambulance interior to passenger charter interior. I think it will be perfect fit for Air Bravo type business. Someone has to be the first to bring the jets to NWO. Why not them? I'm wondering where the cash injection comes from for the purchase though. I think other posters in the thread are wondering the same thing. Maybe toelessjoe has some info he is willing to share??
It's a lot cheaper to go and buy a citation I would think .

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

toelessjoe wrote:I have nothing substantial to offer (I told her that :lol: ).

-Toeless
She says it true.....Oh, it's twue....so twue...

bumffs
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bumffs »

Nothing official yet,but where there is smoke there is usually fire.
Judging by the pile of resume's coming in from Air Bravo guys it will not be long .......Almost as big as the Ornge pile

Brown Bear
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Brown Bear »

Difference being, the Ornge resumes go directly into the "round" file. A least, that's where I file them.

Conquest Driver
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Conquest Driver »

It's a lot cheaper to go and buy a citation I would think .
I don't think it's about price. I think it's about being able to make a factored landing, then a balanced field takeoff, then having enough fuel to get anywhere. Whatever jet can do that is going to get the work (at least unless the price is totally high).

My concern about the Grob/PC-24 is the lack of thrust reverse. Makes me nervous on the north Ontario strips in the winter or spring.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can operate jets into most of our NWO strips, legally. Austin Airways did it many years ago with Citations, but I'm sure you've all noticed their absence in the more modern era? If it were legal to operate small jet here, I think somebody would be doing it?

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Ad to this, the shear cost of being a launch customer for a new type in this country........ah, the things folks dream of.

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Brown Bear wrote:Difference being, the Ornge resumes go directly into the "round" file. A least, that's where I file them.
I feel your pain, bear. I was a secretary at one point myself.

Return to “General Comments”