Federal Budget

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

YWGGuy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Federal Budget

Post by YWGGuy »

This topic would be good for the watercooler (hint) but there is some aviation connection anyhow.

I was reading this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2 ... -main.html

A few things to note is the Penny is almost done. My big concern is budget cuts to TC. At this point TC is trying to cut costs already (note I am no longer getting an AIP or Safety Publication yet pay my 50 dollars every medical) we are discussing that SMS is ruining this industry and they are trying to get further away from getting boots on the ground. Tell me how this is good for safety?
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Federal Budget

Post by flyinhigh »

SMS is a joke, it has only some benefit however for the most of it there is no place for it.

jeta1
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jeta1 »

Last edited by jeta1 on Sun May 06, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DHQ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DHQ »

Another big deal with the 2012 budget is the phase-out of the overseas tax credit.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/bdgt/2012/qa07-eng.html

airmech07
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airmech07 »

looks like all the boys and gals who flock to voyageur to work overseas may be looking elsewhere

RogerCheckCopy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RogerCheckCopy »

From the Auditor Generals Report:

5.85 We also concluded that Transport Canada has not adequately planned the human resources it will need to deliver its civil aviation safety program. It has developed a national human resources plan and made progress in implementing key human resource strategies, but it has not identified how many inspectors and engineers are needed to oversee civil aviation safety.

Until they get this sorted out forget about the rest... such as lack of surveillance etc

Return to “General Comments”