Police/Fire/Paramedic

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

piloterror
Rank 1
Rank 1

Police/Fire/Paramedic

Post by piloterror »

DELETED
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by piloterror on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Police/Fire/Paramedic

Post by iflyforpie »

There are plenty of fire fighting and paramedic positions that would suit as a second job for flying. Most smaller fire departments are staffed by volunteers (its not a volunteer position, you do get paid for calls and training) and same with paramedics. You just have to be free to pack a pager during a certain time. Most of these positions are filled by people who have other full or part time jobs.

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

You could be a part time paramedic in BC provided you have the training now. I say that because the training for PCP in BC is anywheres from 4 to 6 months depending on preceptor time and the cost for that is about $10 to $12 thousand depending on location and expenses. Part time in BC though is a real dog and pony show that I would not recommend to anyone. PM me if you want more details.

Gorgons
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gorgons »

Doc wanted me to ask you if your response means there is some kind of pay for training scheme going on in B.C. relative to paramedic employment. Do you have to sign a bond or do you pay for it up front and call it required education, sort of like being a gym teacher or a cop and police college?

Return to “General Comments”