AC's plans for the Embraer's and CRJ's

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
airway
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:17 am

AC's plans for the Embraer's and CRJ's

Post by airway »

This is from this months Wings Magazine:

"The airline will remain competitive in the regional market including potential fleet upgrades by transferring its 15 Embraer 175s to Air Canada Express while retiring aging Bombardier CRJ100 and 200s and replacing them with larger 700s and 900s."

"Air Canada is also re-evaluating its narrow body fleet and is expected to make some announcements next year, including phasing out the Embraer 190s, which are too large to be transferred to Air Canada Express carriers and making a decision on a new generation twinjet."


Now that Sky Regional has 15 Jets, there is still room for 45 more additional jets at the regional level (the 16 that Jazz has now are not included in the 60 total jets). Total maximum jets at the regional level - 76, respecting the 29/100 ASM limit.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Disco Stu
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:26 am
Location: Springfield, USA
Contact:

Re: AC's plans for the Embraer's and CRJ's

Post by Disco Stu »

airway wrote: Now that Sky Regional has 15 Jets, there is still room for 45 more additional jets at the regional level (the 16 that Jazz has now are not included in the 60 total jets). Total maximum jets at the regional level - 76, respecting the 29/100 ASM limit.
Completely and totally incorrect.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1760
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: Placarded INOP

Re: AC's plans for the Embraer's and CRJ's

Post by Dash-Ate »

airway wrote: "Air Canada is also re-evaluating its narrow body fleet and is expected to make some announcements next year, including phasing out the Embraer 190s, which are too large to be transferred to Air Canada Express carriers and making a decision on a new generation twinjet."

I thought moving to fleet conmonality saves you money. Why another type.

But what do I know about running an airline or a profitble one. I'll leave that to AC :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------
 
airway
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:17 am

Re: AC's plans for the Embraer's and CRJ's

Post by airway »

Disco Stu wrote:
airway wrote: Now that Sky Regional has 15 Jets, there is still room for 45 more additional jets at the regional level (the 16 that Jazz has now are not included in the 60 total jets). Total maximum jets at the regional level - 76, respecting the 29/100 ASM limit.
Completely and totally incorrect.

OK, enlighen us Disco Stu:

1. How many Embraers is Sky Regional getting?
2. How many jets are allowed at the regional level?
3. Are the 16 CRJ 705's included in that limit?
4. Is all Regional Airlines flying together restricted to the 29/100 ASM's?

From my original post, it appears that AC intends to retire all the CRJ 100/200's.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Disco Stu
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:26 am
Location: Springfield, USA
Contact:

Re: AC's plans for the Embraer's and CRJ's

Post by Disco Stu »

1. 15
2. 60
3. Yes
4. Yes
---------- ADS -----------
 
RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:26 pm

Re: AC's plans for the Embraer's and CRJ's

Post by RFN »

One small caveat;

The number of jets with more than 55 seats allowed in total is 60. In THEORY, there could be more >55 seat jets but it sounds like Air Canada is trying to wash their hands of that segment. (In return you will get the opportunity to sit in a Dash 8 for 3 hours from YQM-YYZ.)
This is all of course subject to the hard cap of 29:100.

Perhaps the fact that SkyRegional has no pension and is paying ghetto wages will make up for the operating cost of the E175 vs the CRJ-705 at Jazz...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”