Give your head a shake!!!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cadismack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Give your head a shake!!!

Post by Cadismack »

I was in the market 12 months ago and chose not to go the USA route. Negotiated with one seller in canada who had his posted for about 25k over market. Found another model of the same type and negotiated the seller down for 35 k less then the previous. The plane took me to Oshkosh and all around the rocks. Needless to say the previous plane is still for sale after the owner wouldn't budge 6k for me.

Can't say I'm too upset though. Got much more of an airplane for a far better price. There are planes for reasonable prices in Canada but it could take some time to find the right motivated buyer.
---------- ADS -----------

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

some cdn owners purchased back when the $ cdn to us was a buk 1.60 they now have airplanes that are now competely upside down relative to current market value . very hard pill to swallow. adding insult to financial injury is the revolution in avionics now requires another 30-50 k to be competive vs usa planes with no damage history /.complete logs since new if one desires a quck sale . :rolleyes:

example: usa 1980 172 mid time eng 3500tt factory reman inculdes hoses starter mags and harness done 2007
prop overhaul with sale garmin 430 stec 55x 327 transponder coupled 406 elt 60k paint in 99 interior 2004 .all logs since no damage history.

canada" worn out 79 asking 55 k firm

which one would you buy :rolleyes:

Sam300
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sam300 »

oldncold wrote:some cdn owners purchased back when the $ cdn to us was a buk 1.60 they now have airplanes that are now competely upside down relative to current market value . very hard pill to swallow. adding insult to financial injury is the revolution in avionics now requires another 30-50 k to be competive vs usa planes with no damage history /.complete logs since new if one desires a quck sale . :rolleyes:

example: usa 1980 172 mid time eng 3500tt factory reman inculdes hoses starter mags and harness done 2007
prop overhaul with sale garmin 430 stec 55x 327 transponder coupled 406 elt 60k paint in 99 interior 2004 .all logs since no damage history.

canada" worn out 79 asking 55 k firm

which one would you buy :rolleyes:
I agree, there are so many many people upside down financially that it is hard to find a good deal here in Canada. I think if you do your research and look closely there are deals to be had.

Wait and see how the fiscal cliff works out in the states, could get more affordable

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Have a look at this one.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85332

Buddy was trying to sell the whole airplane a year ago, no buyers. So now he's trying to con some people into buying shares.

1000 HP
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 1000 HP »

When the economy is good, prices go up. Bad, prices go down. I remember when Beavers were $225,000 back in the early '90s. Then somebody bought CGPHI for a huge amount and the price war started. Now it's going back down. I'm on the losing end at the moment but like stocks, if I hang on it might turn around. To bad I was looking forward to selling it and getting a boat. Still open to trades :rolleyes:

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

1000 HP wrote:When the economy is good, prices go up. Bad, prices go down.To bad I was looking forward to selling it and getting a boat. Still open to trades :rolleyes:
I suspect that boat and plane markets ride the same waves. From what I've seen, used boats are dirt cheap right now too. You're probably in equally good position to move to a boat now as you would have been if plane prices hadn't taken a dip. Trouble is, if you're like me, you've spent $100,000 building a $60,000 plane...

1000 HP
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 1000 HP »

GyvAir wrote:
1000 HP wrote:When the economy is good, prices go up. Bad, prices go down.To bad I was looking forward to selling it and getting a boat. Still open to trades :rolleyes:
I suspect that boat and plane markets ride the same waves. From what I've seen, used boats are dirt cheap right now too. You're probably in equally good position to move to a boat now as you would have been if plane prices hadn't taken a dip. Trouble is, if you're like me, you've spent $100,000 building a $60,000 plane...
So true. Except it will take me another year or three to hit the $100,000 mark. Anybody with nice overpriced boats looking for a swap? :rolleyes:

Gear Up
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gear Up »

I've got a 4 man inflatable diggy I'll trade for one night stand with the best hooker in town.....and a pint of Rickers Red!

1000 HP
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 1000 HP »

Gear Up wrote:I've got a 4 man inflatable diggy I'll trade for one night stand with the best hooker in town.....and a pint of Rickers Red!
I live in Lloydminster..
I can vouch for the beer, but are ya sure you wanna do this :lol:

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

1000 HP wrote:
Gear Up wrote:I've got a 4 man inflatable diggy I'll trade for one night stand with the best hooker in town.....and a pint of Rickers Red!
I live in Lloydminster..
I can vouch for the beer, but are ya sure you wanna do this :lol:
Yikes! Talk about an example of "carefull what you wish for." If you find a toxic example of that "name brand" knock off beer he might be in big trouble.

Jonathan Goldsmith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jonathan Goldsmith »

Before free advertising on the internet it cost real money to list aircraft for sale and therefore there was real motivation to price in a manner to attract calls. Many are now knowingly priced above market price in order to fund raise for something they would rather have, not the going rate for what they do have for sale, or just like having other pilots come visit and look at their stuff.

Return to “General Comments”