Voyageur Airways

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

---------- ADS -----------

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

SplitS...Voyageur is a good company to work for. The Pay for an FO is Around 26K/year, CPT starts at 50K. They give you a cpatain PPC but there is a bond, (you dont need to have a good credit rating to work there). It's 8K - non prorated...if you leave 1 day short of your contract you pay the whole shot.

The interview is VERY heavy on the IFR questions - it's the toughest one I've done yet. So really brush up on those IFR questions.

They have bases King air bases in North Bay, Siouxlookout, Timmins, Oshawa, and Moncton. They also have DASH 7 bases in vancover and where ever else there needed. I recommend staying away from Northbay if you can, the out bases are much more laid back.

If the industry picks up, upgrade times can be fast (but not likely), but are totally dependant on industry movement.

Working conditions are good to. There is no pressure from managment to "get in" or break mins - infact, if your caught breaking mins, your fired.

all in all good company, descent pay, nice machines.

if you have any interview questions, PM me.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
neiva
Rank 4
Rank 4

about the questions

Post by neiva »

Hey King Air Guy
about the IFR question, do you think that taking a look at the Aerocourse IFR workbook is enough ?

If you can share any question that you remember, will help a lot .
Thank's

Never ever give up --- up to a point, right?
SplitS
Rank 5
Rank 5

Questions

Post by SplitS »

Jobhunter,

Asked King Air guy the same in a PM.. If he PMs back I'll forward it to you too..

did you get a slot for Monday?

SplitS

Regruntled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Regruntled »

Another important aspect in a Voyageur interview is that you NEVER EVER suggest breaking the law. No approaches without altimeter settings, going below minimums, etc. They are a very by-the-book company and don't ever deliberately break any regs, period. They may ask some questions to this effect, not to trick you necessarily, but just to see what kind of attitude you have.

Some ways of "getting in" to some airports up north that don't have altimeter settings: (these are questions I was asked)

Descent to the AMA

Descend to 100nm safe from an airport with an altimeter, if the airport you're going to is within that 100nm circle

Decend to the MOCA if there's an airway nearby

Shoot an approach at an airport with an altimeter setting, then proceed to destination VFR if the weather's good enough

If you're used to "O.B.S. the centerline and drop to 300' on the radalt" approaches, this may not be the best time to suggest that!!

Know IFR chart symbols, the CAP GEN inside and out and be comfortable with approach plates.

If you don't have your ATPL's written, WRITE THEM!! I don't know how much time you have before the interview but if you have time, I'd suggest doing this.

Do you know anybody at Voyageur? If so, name-dropping seems to be encouraged there so mention anybody you know. That is, if the person you know will say nice things about you ...

Lastly, the way they do their hiring, if they need for instance 2 people and interview 10, they'll hire the top 2 from the interview and put everybody else who "passes" the interview into a hiring pool. Remember that so you can relax in the interview. Even if you're not one of the 2 they hire that time, if you leave them with a good impression they'll hire you eventually, probably sooner rather than later.

Good luck to all in the interview!

neiva
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by neiva »

SplitS:
I'm so sorry I didn't get any slot for monday interview.
I just don't know what to do.
The guy call me last monday at noon when I was out , left a message at the answer machine,. I returned the call right the way but after that not a word about the interview.
I did a call back on tuesday, but nothing yet.
I think that I miss the chance.
I'm so blue...

Anyway, best of luck to you and everybody there in the interview.
Thank you for the points about the question asked.

Never ever give up --- up to a point, right?
like2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by like2fly »

I was checking out their website and came across their minimums...are they really picky when it comes to applicants not having the 500 Multi PIC? What if someone had around 510 total multi of which 470 was multi PIC...would they consider that? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

SplitS
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SplitS »

Jobhunter,

Sorry to hear that... But atleast they called you - its a good sign! Keep calling , you never know, someone may have backed out.. Keep trying!

Regruntled,
Good points and thanks very much. Got the ATP, just need to study. Its good of you to share your experience - much appreciated.

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by loopy »

Like2fly, they are really picky on the 500 multi PIC from what I understand. Reason being most the majority of the king air flying is for Ontario MOH which requires 500 multi PIC for all pilots.

Regruntled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Regruntled »

The 500MPIC requirement for MOH is for captains only. The reason they like to have that for new hires is because obviously you won't be logging PIC time as a copilot. Therefore you pretty much have to start with the command time requirements right off the bat. Having said that, you get a captain's PPC right away so you can log PIC time on dead legs to make up the difference. If you're close they would probably overlook that if all your other qualifications are there.

So no, you won't be automatically disqualified with 470 MPIC.

I've known people to get on there with WAY less than that, but they went to college with half the interview panel so they'd probably have gotten in with a fresh commercial!

Cap'n P8
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cap'n P8 »

I had an interview with them last year, knowing full well that I wouldn't be offered a spot right away, because I didn't meet the multi-pic requirements. They told me they were willing to hire people with 350 hours multi-pic or because they would relatively easy to bump up to 500. Since they give you a captain ppc right off the bat you fly left seat anytime there is a dead leg. Any less than 350 though, they figure will take to long to get the time up.

Seemed like a great place to work, the interview was very relaxed.

SplitS
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SplitS »

Guess you didnt do your interview same day as King Air Guy!!

Keep flying till the noise stops.

Return to “General Comments”