60 story Condo planned for Buttonville . . .

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: 60 story Condo planned for Buttonville . . .

Post by bizjets101 »

I hate feeding the troll, I just wish the troll was smart enough to appreciate how dumb they are?

As for Buttonville, it will be the 10th Toronto airport to close. (11 if you include GA aircraft at YYZ).

As for Markham Airports, 600 acres is owned by the Thomson Family, and the East side of the airport owned by the Federal Govt., both kinda have deep pockets.

Considering the Thomson family are very experienced builders, I would assume that eventually it will be a high density housing community.

The Federal Govt. pockets may be deep (they have our pockets) but they've blown so much money in the mismanagement of YYZ - they can't afford another airport, never mind the opposition.

I've always wondered why morons move to an airport and whine, and whine about the airport.
Maybe the moron will answer :)
---------- ADS -----------

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

If one operator in Vancouver was rumoured to have received over three million dollars for being closed down.Just how much will these condos cost after paying out all the operators in Buttonville ?
If i was an operator in Buttonville i would be talking to the Lawyers that got the big settlement for that particular operator in CZBB that got shut down.If a company with a history of fatal accidents can get three millions,the operators in buttonville should be eligible for a very large share of the profits from the development and a very large settlement from the various governments that changed the zoning and usage of the property.

flyingmaverick
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyingmaverick »

Thats bad , I was hoping to go there this summer

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Troll feeding can be entertaining, in limited amounts, when the weather is not nice enough to go and make noise in my airplanes. My experience has been that trolls are most often wannabes, who for whatever reason cannot, so they think that they satisfy themselves by attempting to widen the unhappiness they feel themselves, to others. Wise people are no more than entertained by this foolishness. Aviators are a tough breed, and not phased by whiners. The privilege of the freedom of flight has costs, and one of them is having to endure the occasional whiner wannabe troublemaker troll.

Airport whiners are the worst of the trolls. Apparently not bright enough to realize that the community they are freely choosing to move into has an established airport. They take down the real estate sign, look up, and are shocked to see an aircraft on final approach to an airport which has been there for decades. Then they think that we might somehow view them as an unfortunate victim of some deceit. Naaa, we aviators did not conceal the presence of the airport during your choosing to move there, we just kept doing our thing.... You're the one who was not paying attention.

It is a bit of an unpleasant thought that Buttonville will close, but I cannot afford the cost to keep it open, other than to patronize the many businesses there from time to time. I have driven my tiedown stakes into the ground elsewhere, and be assured Truthteller, as long as I choose, no land use people will prevent my flying from my runway - I own it!

I feel badly for those many fine people who will be displaced by the closure of yet another airport, but everyone who rents or leases property knows the risks.

So when I fly down your way truthteller, I'm still smiling as I look down, thinking of you stuck in traffic, between two loud motorcycles, and enjoying my freedom of being above the congestion of a growing city. Of course, for reasons of safety and community courtesy, I maintain at least the minimum safe altitudes, but I'll fine the prop a bit just for you...

g_goo_goo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by g_goo_goo »

Yeah, I agree with Truthteller, I almost smashed into another car while driving up Woodbine because I could not keep my eyes off the aircraft landing onto 33... The airport is dangerous. If the build another 60 story eyesore maybe that will keep my eyes on the traffic.

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

Stings a bit huh guys? :goodman:

Oh well, truth hurts sometimes. Make sure you fine that prop real good over Warden and 7 and have fun sitting in that same traffic driving to Peterborough. :D

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

truthteller

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

The truth doesn't sting me, nor what you're saying teller.

I'm sitting next to the fire, with my daughter, watching Ice Pilots in the living room, glancing down the lawn at my two planes happily put away. The truth of my aviation life is a delight!

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

Yup, was right again. Was just waiting for when you would resort to pictures. That's when I know you have no answer and it stings. Read you like a book grasshopper.
bizjets101 wrote:Image
truthteller

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

Good for you my man. Look's like we're all happy then.
PilotDAR wrote:The truth doesn't sting me, nor what you're saying teller.

I'm sitting next to the fire, with my daughter, watching Ice Pilots in the living room, glancing down the lawn at my two planes happily put away. The truth of my aviation life is a delight!

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

Thanx Mod's - just checked truthtellers IP addess and in fact he does live in Markham. Thought it would have been really funny if he was in Surrey BC pissing me off!!!

PS; see big meth lab busted in Markham yesterday, and a fatal hit and run - nice - moving up!!!

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

PS; see big meth lab busted in Markham yesterday, and a fatal hit and run - nice - moving up!!!
:lol:

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

Really grasshopper? This the best you got? Tell your mod that I'm feeling European today. :smt040

Why are you wasting time on this, shouldn't you be posting on some blog about some plane you saw today?
bizjets101 wrote:Thanx Mod's - just checked truthtellers IP addess and in fact he does live in Markham. Thought it would have been really funny if he was in Surrey BC pissing me off!!!

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

Nah, I mean North American.

jubjub
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jubjub »

Too bad your not feeling intelligent. :rolleyes:

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

I suddenly feel a hint of German now.

mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

s'alright. I hear tell that idle some more is going to claim all of Markham as traditional lands. They're going to set up HQ in TT's living room....and they're going to keep CYKZ open and pay Theresa Spence's cat $900/day plus expenses to 'administer' it.

Return to “General Comments”