Project: Parkland Airport - West of Edmonton

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Project: Parkland Airport - West of Edmonton

Post by North Shore »

Somebody post some pictures, please? Or maybe update the Facebook page?
---------- ADS -----------

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

North Shore wrote:Somebody post some pictures, please? Or maybe update the Facebook page?

Edmonton Flying Club's fb has pics

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

Parkland not making a lot of friends with the neighbours: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3785292

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

The comments are always the best bits of those kinds of stories.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

Why would the farms near Villeneuve or YEG be any happier, I can't believe this NIMBY would want to affect others for his own benifits. The same ice chemicals, avgas and Jet fuel are affecting there ground at those airports. Residents of Leduc and the south side are faced w/ unburnt Jet fuel, noise and they don't complain. Must be hard dealing with change? Clown....

We should all go there and fly circuits.

"I need a time machine"
Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

Nimby's 2.0 Didn't this movie play already?

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-n ... ll-airport

"I need a time machine"
Hipster Exterminator
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hipster Exterminator »

What is the story on getting an FBO out there?

YXD: Never Forgive, Never Forget.
MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

The story I heard is that Parkland is in serious financial trouble. Development isn't occurring as expected because of it.

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

Edmonton Flying Club had their 90th anniversary this weekend.

Protesters showed up: http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/parkland-cou ... -1.3443593

skymarc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skymarc »

Its in the middle of farm land, come on.

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

skymarc wrote:Its in the middle of farm land, come on.
Very quiet farms.

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

I drove tractor in my formative years. Very quiet tractors. Bigley quiet. Diesel quiet.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

MrWings wrote:Parkland not making a lot of friends with the neighbours: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3785292
I have one experience with a neighbour of Parkland Airport. There is a small village about a half mile to the North with about 10 houses. After flying I was a bit tired and decided to take a snooze in my car before driving home. So i found an out of the way location in the shade near this village where I could close my eyes. After all, it would be irresponsible to drive when fatigued as many accidents have happened due to fatigue. I made sure that I was located where it would not interfere with anyone.

About 30 minutes later, some nasty woman was bothering me and telling me that her village was too small to have anyone around and insisted I leave. While I did feel like telling her off, I really didn't Need to have to deal with the Police if she called them so I left.

The amount of noise created for the neighbours in minimal to none. The neighbours are not on the departure path and are just a bunch of whiners.

Neighbours around Parkland appear to be nasty persons who are bothered by any little thing. Please ignore them and support EFC and the Parkland Airport.

Latest I heard was that the parallel Taxiway will be built this summer.

Last edited by pelmet on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

Buncha babies. There hasn't been helicopters at that airport for three months now.... And Cessna's aren't very loud.

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ThatArmyGuy »

My question is... did the protesters at least buy something from the breakfast food trucks to support local business?

If so, then win win!

RatherBeFlying
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RatherBeFlying »

A retired ATC told me that Parkland is directly under an approach - anybody with current SIDs and STARs feel free to correct.

According to him, that has deterred turbine operators from basing there as IFR departures and approaches from and to Parkland may be hard to come by.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

RatherBeFlying wrote:A retired ATC told me that Parkland is directly under an approach - anybody with current SIDs and STARs feel free to correct.
It's 2 miles north of MIPOT which is the IWP for the ILS12 at CYEG (Edmtn Intl) and is directly under TANBI which is the IWP for final on the RNAV34 for CZVL (Villeneuve).

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
Fine day to fly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fine day to fly »

@That army guy....No the protesters had a pancake breakfast laid on that day. The one the RCMP ate at when the EFC called them on 2 different occasions...No laws were broken it was a legal protest so the officers Sat down and had pancake and sausages with the protesters and then left...along with all the media that the EFC invited...That kinda backfired on them

Fine day to fly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fine day to fly »

@pelmet...a little fact checking for you...So you were tired...to tired to drive...which means you must have been flying that way also. You hop in your car tired parked in a private and secure parking lot and drove 1 mile north and decided to drive into a private cul de sac...not a village as you stated or 1/2 mile either...park right outside a homeowners driveway after driving being so tired 1 mile from as stated a secure parking lot. So if you were so tired why didn't you stay 1 mile south where you were? Your lucky you only dealt with the wife with 5 very large boys and not the Harley riding husband who is 6 foot 1 inch and about 280 lbs. If you did nothing wrong why fear the police? As far as noise goes you are right somewhat except there are homes at each end of the runway. What you forgot to mention in your fairy tale is that the EFC fly circuits out of CPL6 and never follow there published circuit path because according to there CFI "we're an airport we will fly where ever we want to." There lies the bulk of the problem with this airport...attitude and arrogance, and inability to follow even the simplists aviation rules, laws or common sense.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Fine day to fly wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 am @pelmet...a little fact checking for you...So you were tired...to tired to drive...which means you must have been flying that way also. You hop in your car tired parked in a private and secure parking lot and drove 1 mile north and decided to drive into a private cul de sac...not a village as you stated or 1/2 mile either...park right outside a homeowners driveway after driving being so tired 1 mile from as stated a secure parking lot. So if you were so tired why didn't you stay 1 mile south where you were? Your lucky you only dealt with the wife with 5 very large boys and not the Harley riding husband who is 6 foot 1 inch and about 280 lbs. If you did nothing wrong why fear the police? As far as noise goes you are right somewhat except there are homes at each end of the runway. What you forgot to mention in your fairy tale is that the EFC fly circuits out of CPL6 and never follow there published circuit path because according to there CFI "we're an airport we will fly where ever we want to." There lies the bulk of the problem with this airport...attitude and arrogance, and inability to follow even the simplists aviation rules, laws or common sense.
Well Mr. two posts on this forum...you have just proven me correct. You and your neighbours in the village just north of Parkland which hears no noise from the airport 99.9% of the time are nasty NIMBY's that are best ignored. Every time I go to Parkland, there is little flying activity. You should see some of the busy general aviation airports I fly at. They would love the quiet of your little village.

One can see how you lie about what is happening. You say I was flying tired with no evidence and you say that I parked right outside a homeowners driveway which is also a lie. As I stated in my post, I parked in an out of the way location which was...........at the far east end of Shady lane where it is just gravel roadway into the trees. All designed to be clear of anyone and it happened to be in the shade.

I suspect that Parkland Airport is here to stay. I might still go for a mid-afternoon snooze in the area some time, it was quite quiet and peaceful and no airplanes woke me up. I do that once in a while as it beats driving tired. But you never know what lies a nasty NIMBY might tell the police as we can see with your lies right here. You are already lying about the noise being any more disturbing than the neighbour is on his Harley.

Last edited by pelmet on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Comments”