Saskatoon Parking Costs for my 185

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BGH
Rank 4
Rank 4

Saskatoon Parking Costs for my 185

Post by BGH »

I can certainly understand why there weren't very many light aircraft parked at the Shell Aerocentre when I visited my aunt & uncle in Saskatoon last week.Fuel was $1.71/litre - but the cost of parking the 185 was $50/day,rampie told me that it's the same cost up to a king air.Last flight tour in 2009 I paid $18/day at the Shell Centre in Ottawa.
Just a head's up for other transients.

Daryl
---------- ADS -----------

shurshot17
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Saskatoon Parking Costs for my 185

Post by shurshot17 »

Try giving Mitchinsons Flight School a call, they will let you park infront of their building pretty cheap.

lost in the north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lost in the north »

Martinsville is another great place to park

Canadian Skyhawk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canadian Skyhawk »

I used to think that it was only the Canadian general public that hated all things general aviation (the "Not in my Back Yard" syndrome). But now, even airport and FBO operators are getting into the game. Don't they realize how much overall economic activity GA flying generates? I am always amazed at how GA-unfriendly most Canadian FBO operators are compared to the USA.

A year and half ago, I flew a private Navajo with friends into Bathurst, NB for dinner and a hockey game on a Saturday evening. I had to pay $110 for simply opening the terminal door to us at 6:30 pm from the airside - even though there were half a dozen employees on the premises, $16 terminal fee for merely walking through the terminal, another call out fee of $110 for opening the door to the airside at 10:30 pm - even though the terminal's main front door was open and there was a cleaning staff on site who had keys to all the doors, and - of course - a landing fee of $25. A total of over $250!!!!! I wrote letters to everyone from the airport manager to the town mayor, all to no avail. Incidentally, it wouldn't have made a difference whether I was flying a 152 or a Dash-8. No wonder the airport is "underutilized". Avoid CZBF!!

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

That almost sounds like something COPA could look into on behalf of COPs

BGH
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BGH »

Back in 2009 when my wife & I were headed to PEI for my school reunion I planned an after hours stop at Ottawa & called the Shell Aerocentre to let them know that I was running late.The manager flat out told me to stay in the soo for the night & call them in the morning with my needs as the call out fees would leave me with a horible reminder of Ottawa.I did as he asked & when arriving the next day they provided me with beautiful bookings in the Marriot & a rental car for my 3 day visit - with the best discount they could get - the parking cost was $18/day less one day because I bought fuel.
As for copa - Monday I notify them that I wll no longer be a member of their little boys club crap.The only thing copa ever did for me was piss me off & answer my questions about the Ronan fiasco with indifference.

Daryl

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

Canadian Skyhawk wrote:I used to think that it was only the Canadian general public that hated all things general aviation (the "Not in my Back Yard" syndrome). But now, even airport and FBO operators are getting into the game. Don't they realize how much overall economic activity GA flying generates? I am always amazed at how GA-unfriendly most Canadian FBO operators are compared to the USA.

A year and half ago, I flew a private Navajo with friends into Bathurst, NB for dinner and a hockey game on a Saturday evening. I had to pay $110 for simply opening the terminal door to us at 6:30 pm from the airside - even though there were half a dozen employees on the premises, $16 terminal fee for merely walking through the terminal, another call out fee of $110 for opening the door to the airside at 10:30 pm - even though the terminal's main front door was open and there was a cleaning staff on site who had keys to all the doors, and - of course - a landing fee of $25. A total of over $250!!!!! I wrote letters to everyone from the airport manager to the town mayor, all to no avail. Incidentally, it wouldn't have made a difference whether I was flying a 152 or a Dash-8. No wonder the airport is "underutilized". Avoid CZBF!!
I also was quite unimpressed with some of my Maritimes flying experience. Difference night and day when compared to US New England service. I love flying in the US and don't understand the apathy towards service up here.

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

If the customers are not looked after with the utmost care it usually leads to a decline in revenues for many businesses.

A few weeks ago there was an article in our local paper which revealed our airport could use some more business. That got me to thinking what is it that we can do as a community to help our airport maintain great service ... since its management now admits it wants greater business.

We're aware of the taxes we're paying for its up-keep, so what can we do to make it more profitable. How do we encourage/enable our airport management to improve customer service now that we're informed that business needs to improve ... maybe similar on some of the points mentioned in previous posts ? (Scaring customers may be the problem at our own airport for all we know ... if no one is checking).

Return to “General Comments”