Fort Vermilion

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Youngback
Rank 5
Rank 5

Fort Vermilion

Post by Youngback »

Moving to Ft. Vermilion. Any heads ups or tips or general living information would be greatly appreciated. I know its cold in the winter.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Klack
Rank 1
Rank 1

yarh

Post by Klack »

find yourself a woman to keep you warm during those long cold winter nights

"It's a dangerous business, walking out your front door. You step on the road and if you don't your keep feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to."
oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

Your obviously going to work for Little Red Air. Fort Vermin is a dump. Way out in the sticks, a million miles from nowhere but Little Red is a pretty good company. Pays real well. Les Davidson is the Ops Manager. He was with North American Airlines in Calgary and he is a square shooter. He will do you well. Everyone stays there and they all seem happy. Good Luck.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

Oops did I call him Les. I mean Nes. Nes Davidson is the ops manager. Good guy. Worked with him in Calgary.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Herman Nelson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Herman Nelson »

Bring some blood, you'll need all yours and more once the mosquito's start breeding.

Seriously though bring a pair of work gloves and a good attitude. The town doesn't have many services but like any small northern town it's what you make of it.

Return to “General Comments”