CYEG FBO's help me

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Weaselboy001
Rank 0
Rank 0

CYEG FBO's help me

Post by Weaselboy001 »

I am looking for information on where people would suggest to work a plane out of in Edmonton. The two FBOs are the Shell flight tech and the Exutive flight centre. what do you use and which is better and why.
---------- ADS -----------

Weaselboy001
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Weaselboy001 »

people don't fly into edmonton???

DC6driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DC6driver »

if you are flying into the international (which is 12 km outside of town) then you have the Flighttech SHell Aerocentre which is 24 hours.
They have things like....fuel. And a hangar.

Executive is there as well, but I never dealt with them

City centre airport, which is in the centre of the city of edmonton, has shell and the avitat. They both have....fuel. And a hangar.

You with me so far....?

bezerker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bezerker »

I found Shell to be extremely slow. Things such as radioing ahead for fuel, no fuel truck, tell the rampie, no fuel truck, tell the girl, no fuel truck, tell the rampie again, and finally someone gives you a shitty look and wanders over and fires up the fuel truck. YEG is already painfully slow with ATC issues, and after seeing one hour "quickturns" one too many times we switched to Executive. Excellent service, staff is always friendly, nice waiting area (free of rig pigs), and they came close to matching the fuel prices at our home base. Also they are more than happy to drive you or your passengers to the main terminal, nearby hotels/restaurants, car rentals, etc. The only issue I would have is that sometimes when it is really busy during pig season, all the staffs attention is focused on the pig charters, which are in another building 100 yards away and you find yourself walking back and forth between buildings if you need something. If you let them know what you need right away, you can avoid this problem though. I guess it also depends if you are doing executive charter, pipeline patrol, or whatever.

One thing I like about USA is their FBO's. I wish Canadian FBO's could take a look at some of the places like MillionAir and Corporate Jets. I've shown up down there with the plane ramped, fueled, plugged in, coffee full, newspapers in the cabin, lav serviced, interior detailed, meals ready, and a beautiful, courteous lady, asking you what she can do to help as soon as you walk in, giving you free T-shirts, and then giving you a ride to your plane in a golf cart. If there was an FBO around here like that, it wouldn't matter what they charged for fuel.

Weaselboy001
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Weaselboy001 »

Thanks for the update. from some of the people that I have talked to that seems to be the general concencus. amyone else heard anything??

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

Supply and demand works at FBO's as well. If there was more traffic they would upgrade the service. Don't think for one minute that you don't pay for the service at places like MillionAir. :roll:

Pilots get higher, SCUBA Divers do it deeper!
Weaselboy001
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Weaselboy001 »

I want to keep things back to the topic of CYEG.

Return to “General Comments”