Justin Bieber's Pilots Forced to Wear Oxygen Masks to.......

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JDW
Rank 3
Rank 3

Justin Bieber's Pilots Forced to Wear Oxygen Masks to.......

Post by JDW »

Not that this idiot manchild particularly interests me but would you corporate guys ever put up with this shit? How would your higher ups react if you turned it around because your client wouldnt stop smoking?

Justin Bieber’s private jet pilots forced to wear oxygen masks to avoid inhaling pot smoke: Report

A private jet carrying Justin Bieber and his entourage on a flight to New Jersey last week was so full of marijuana smoke its pilots were forced to wear air masks, NBC is reporting.

Bieber and his father, who were en route to the U.S. after Justin was booked in Toronto on assault charges, also allegedly severely harassed cabin staff during the flight ­ to the point that one attendant vowed she would never work on another flight with the pop star, the report also says.

“The captain of the flight stated that he warned the passengers, including Bieber, on several occasions to stop smoking marijuana,” an official report of the incident, obtained by NBC, reads. “The captain also stated he needed to request that the passengers stop their harassing behavior toward the flight attendant and after several warnings asked the flight attendant to stay with him near the cockpit to avoid any further abuse.”
The pilots were forced to wear air masks to avoid failing drug tests if they inhaled any of the marijuana smoke, the report says.

Bieber was apparently travelling on a Gulfstream IV, a small jet with a capacity of 19, with a 10-strong entourage and his father, Jeremy. Upon landing, the flight was grounded at Teterboro so DEA staff and law enforcement could search the carrier for narcotics. But, despite police dogs indicating the presence of drugs in at least one of the pieces of luggage labelled with Bieber¹s name, no contraband was found.

Police later returned to the jet to conduct a second search, at which time they found bags that could have at one time been filled with marijuana, but could not link the items to Bieber or any member of his entourage, the report says.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/02/05 ... ke-report/
---------- ADS -----------

BeechjetYKZ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Justin Bieber's Pilots Forced to Wear Oxygen Masks to...

Post by BeechjetYKZ »

Forget about the marijuana but how about assaulting the flight crew? Is that not a serious offence worthy of diverting if it continued to happen? A father and son hotboxing a plane...I guess you can't expect anything better from Stratford's finest and his deadbeat dad.

Nothing cleans a dirty plane like 100LL!
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

By Arlette Saenz
@ArletteSaenz
Feb 4, 2014 11:23am

At least one U.S. Senator is on board with the petition to deport pop star Justin Bieber.

In a radio interview this morning, Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., was asked what he thinks about the petition calling for Bieber’s deportation to Canada.

“As a dad with three daughters, is there some place I can sign?” Warner said in an interview with Virginia radio station WNOR.

It’s true: I’m not a #Belieber. “Senator Mark Warner offers to sign petition to deport Justin Bieber” http://t.co/KQwY6hcN1a

— Mark Warner (@MarkWarner) February 4, 2014
Reminds me of the petition to change Stockwell Day's first name to "Doris". :lol:

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

So if the CARs prohibit passengers consuming alcohol which is not provided by the aircraft operator, would it not be logical that you also can't smoke drugs, unless those have been provided by the crew?

My empathy for the cabin attendant who had to deal with these juveniles....

arctic_slim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by arctic_slim »

"cabin dump". is what I would have done. Since the pilots have their masks on already I would dump the cabin and let them go to sleep haha.

I'd get fired, but it would be worth it. Then I could writ a book about my experience and make millions.

JDW
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by JDW »

"cabin dump". is what I would have done. Since the pilots have their masks on already I would dump the cabin and let them go to sleep haha.

I'd get fired, but it would be worth it. Then I could writ a book about my experience and make millions.
hahhaha brilliant!! bet you could keep the job too mr macgyver --> 'wow boys, mustve beed some great weed! knocked you right out' :smt040

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

And I'm sure that Led Zep, Aerosmith, The Sex Pistols, and a host of others were squeaky-clean in their behaviour on aeroplanes :roll:

I'm no Bieber fan, but the poor bugger is falling prey to the 'celebrity-is-news'-ification of our news services and society.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

Why the @#$! didn't they land and and have john law meet the airplane -- obviously a pilot put in the position of losing his job if he did the right thing --

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

Corporate flying can be very very good or
very very bad, depending upon "the man".

Anyone here ever fly for Ron Joyce?

IIRC that airplane was THREE DAYS old.

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

Well, don't bogart that joint my friend ..... pass it over to me ......

http://youtu.be/EvGJvzwKqg0

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

"cabin dump"
:lol:
but the poor bugger is falling prey to the 'celebrity-is-news'-ification
I'd have a lot more empathy, if he appeared to be trying to be a good citizen....

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Hey America, ever heard the terms 'you broke it you bought it' ?? You can keep that snivelling useless little piece of trash.

Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mr. North »

He's lucky I wasn't the pilot of that jet.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Mr. North wrote:He's lucky I wasn't the pilot of that jet.
Why? Curious what you would have done.

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

What's the SOP for smoke in the cabin? Run the checklist. My guess is it ends with something like "Land ASAP".

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
Meddler
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Meddler »

I dont think there could be a better response than "cabin-DUMP".

Even if you needed to find a new job later....just add "dumped the cabin on Justin Beiber" in the experience section of each resume. Anyplace that holds that against you is not worth working for.

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

Were they Canadian pilots in a Canadian plane? If yes the criminal code gives the pic the rights, responsibilities and duties of a "Peace Officer". The pilot could have (and should have) legally aressted him and put him in the slammer. Super star or not I would have jailed him even if I cost me my job.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Tanker299 wrote:Were they Canadian pilots in a Canadian plane? If yes the criminal code gives the pic the rights, responsibilities and duties of a "Peace Officer". The pilot could have (and should have) legally aressted him and put him in the slammer. Super star or not I would have jailed him even if I cost me my job.
No it was a KTEB based airplane. N788LB departed from CYKF

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

Have any of you flown in the sandbox? Harassment is a very relative word.

I guess I could charge every lodge owner I flew for with harassment.

Congratulations for wasting 2 minutes of your life for even reading the article.

PS The only difference with the Stones and Zeppellin is that they shared the side benefits with the crew too.

davecessna
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by davecessna »

My aunt once told us a story of him passing through Pearson's security checkpoint with her working as the CBSA officer. This was well before all the negative press, back when he was sweetheart to every 11 year old girl on the planet. He arrived at the counter with his entourage. He was asked to open his bag for a luggage check. He screamed, "Do you know who I am?". My aunt, stubborn as all hell, calmly replied, "You're a passenger on an airplane, sir."

That being said, he deserves all the ire he's getting and more.

Return to “General Comments”