FOUR airlines flying to Tofino now ??

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Jet Set
Rank 1
Rank 1

FOUR airlines flying to Tofino now ??

Post by Jet Set »

..Something must be going on there, this will make 4 airlines that are all going for what I would imagine would be a small pie..Must be something there, REGENCY, NORTHERN HAWK, ORCA AIR, & CRAIG AIR..are all flying in there currently..Anybody that can shed some light on any of these companies or the area would be greatly apppreciated.

Jet Set
---------- ADS -----------

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

It's an absolutely stunning area, and Uclulet to the south is hopping on the tourist train as well now. More capacity.

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
scabber
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by scabber »

Airtids!!!!! fuckin AAAA

Jet Set
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jet Set »

What type of aircraft are these companies flying into the area??

Which is the safest most reputable??

Havent been in years, but I remember it too be beautiful. I am considering buying some property over there for investment purposes.

Thanks for your help.

Jet Set

scabber
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by scabber »

regency - c208b, and old pa31-310s
craig air - A100

200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Orca is not starting YVR-Tofino till I think this Thursday.

Regnecy aka North Shore Air now known as Sonic Blue... Lets just leave it at that.

Northern Hawk is new so is Orca and Craig. I give that two of them will pull out this winter.

If I where flying I would go with Northern Hawk. Then again I am friendly with a few their pilots.

Jet Set
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jet Set »

200hr Wonder wrote:Orca is not starting YVR-Tofino till I think this Thursday.

Regnecy aka North Shore Air now known as Sonic Blue... Lets just leave it at that.

Northern Hawk is new so is Orca and Craig. I give that two of them will pull out this winter.

If I where flying I would go with Northern Hawk. Then again I am friendly with a few their pilots.
I m sure they are a good company, but we dont fly on piston aircraft...Thanks though...

ice ice baby
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ice ice baby »

I am considering buying some property over there for investment purposes
Well you'd better buy soon. The land value is skyrocketing on the west coast of vancouver island.

SkyKing
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkyKing »

Uhhhhhh,

Jet Set, last time I checked, all the King Airs and Caravans around Vancouver were PT-6 powered.

Personally, I don't fly with people that refer to themselves as "we".

Make sure to refer to yourself as me, I, myself or other similar subjective personal pronouns during your next medical to avoid difficulties.

:roll: Take Care

Jet Set
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jet Set »

SkyKing wrote:Uhhhhhh,

Jet Set, last time I checked, all the King Airs and Caravans around Vancouver were PT-6 powered.

Make sure to refer to yourself as me, I, myself or other similar subjective personal pronouns during your next medical to avoid difficulties.

"We" refers to a group of investors I represent.

Nice try at sarcasm there. "We" make morey in a day than you do in year chucking bags on the ramp . Keep up the good work!

You must also be a bit retarded if you would rather fly in a Navajo than a 100 or a caravan..Oh wait, your buddy flies it, it must be safe then....:)

Anybody with some knowlegable answers?

lawndart
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lawndart »

La Loche airways (aka Craigair) has a great boss, a gorgeous 100 and an excellent reputation east of the rockies. NAA might be the nicest working 100 around. Craig is a stand up guy and deserves your business. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to send my family with him.

chief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by chief »

Yep worked for him for 2 years. outstanding guy

SkyKing
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkyKing »

Jet Set wrote:
SkyKing wrote:Uhhhhhh,

"We" refers to a group of investors I represent.

Nice try at sarcasm there. "We" make morey in a day than you do in year chucking bags on the ramp . Keep up the good work!

You must also be a bit retarded if you would rather fly in a Navajo than a 100 or a caravan..Oh wait, your buddy flies it, it must be safe then....:)

Anybody with some knowlegable answers?

Glade you don't represent me or my group of investors. English can be tricky for some eh?

I never said anything about flying in a Navajo either. 200 hour wonder did though. Be careful who you quote before accusing.

Boy this form can be fun sometimes!

Can we arrange an AvCanada fly in somewhere centrally located? It sure would be interesting to meet everyone!

This is just too much fun sometimes, hey Jet Set?

Jet Set
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jet Set »

I will try harder on future posts, but if I do make a mistake, I sure hope you point it out to me. the reason I came to this site is too find out some info in regards to aviation in Tofino for upcoming frequent travel. From the limited info I have recieved, and personal experience, I would say CRAIG AIR is the easy choice. Northern Hawk is never available, they have put me over to Regency once this week, Orca Air I have not tried, and SONICBLUE is my last choice based on whast I have read about their ownership and managers. I have flown on thier Caravan, and didnt mind it.I will try Orca AIr when they come out but doubt it will be equivalent. .But so far my two trips on CA have been outstanding. Nice to hear good things about their owner, its rare to hear good things on these type of forums, especially about owners... Ucluelet is on the rise especially with the new resort that is being planned for there.. It will be interesting to see what develops over the winter..Could it be next whistler? More opinions are welcome...

Jet Set

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

God, I hope not!! :cry: :cry: The last thing this world needs is another beautiful area turned into frikken Whistler. That place is soooo over. We've got an endless parade of folks buying up everything in sight out here just to get the hell out of that zoo!!

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
SkyKing
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkyKing »

Hey Jet Set,

I hope you see that I am just teasing. Some of this stuff gets "Lost in Translation" here. I do mean no harm. Craig Air is great.
Northern Hawk means well, their employees are awesome and they do there best to accommodate. Regency means well too, great "employees" too. But, I do agree the management kinda sucks. Orca's chieftain looks nice, give them a try. All things considered, Craig would be my choice too, based on aircraft alone.

Jet Set
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jet Set »

SkyKing wrote:Hey Jet Set,

I hope you see that I am just teasing. Some of this stuff gets "Lost in Translation" here. I do mean no harm. Craig Air is great.
Northern Hawk means well, their employees are awesome and they do there best to accommodate. Regency means well too, great "employees" too. But, I do agree the management kinda sucks. Orca's chieftain looks nice, give them a try. All things considered, Craig would be my choice too, based on aircraft alone.
No problem SKYKING,

Thanks for the info, as of now , Craig is my first choice, but am interested to see what Orca has. They will be hard pressed to compete against a King Air. Northern Hawk has not been impressive at all. Only thing that was ok about NH was their pilots, A100 is average, never services the route i need, navajo is scary..Regency has great pilots, but talking to office crew is difficult to say the least..the people we work with would rather stay away from the one engine.but it is a decent caravan.. Craig Air will stay thru the winter this year, them and SONIC will fight it out, I think....Bye now..

ZBB118.10
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ZBB118.10 »

Orca's website still does not have a schedule or fare matrix..? Did somebody say they were supposed to start services this Thursday? (07/20) Website looks very professional.

By September its going to be a sink-or-swim situation on this route for sure. Contenders most likely will be Craig, NH and Regency..Regency have a dedicated Caravan service for this route.

A shit leopard never changes its spots boys...

Return to “General Comments”