ATPL Processing Times

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: ATPL Processing Times

Post by cdnpilot77 »

3 weeks at YHM in May...can't say enough good things about the ladies in that office, they were spectacularly helpful!
---------- ADS -----------

angry inch
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by angry inch »

Good to hear. The staff in the Victoria office were awesome for me. The Vancouver office, on the other hand gets a big FAIL.... They lost my logbooks & application for a few months, amongst other things..

Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

Took 6 weeks for me through the YYZ Yonge St office after submitting back in September. Much faster than I thought it would take.

pilotdude86
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotdude86 »

Removed

Last edited by pilotdude86 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

Interesting I was flying through and dropped my application to YYC on Sept 18th. October 20th I emailed and got an email back saying it was completed. Logbook was in my hand express posted by Wednesday.

Everything was filled out and had it double checked by an inspector that day too so it wouldn't be rejected.

pilotdude86
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotdude86 »

Oxi wrote:Interesting I was flying through and dropped my application to YYC on Sept 18th. October 20th I emailed and got an email back saying it was completed. Logbook was in my hand express posted by Wednesday.

Everything was filled out and had it double checked by an inspector that day too so it wouldn't be rejected.
Hey, who did you email?

dirk82
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dirk82 »

I think its only YWG office in the Prarire and Northern that will do them now. Mine was almost 4 months.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

2 months at the YUL office.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

Any updates on the fastest office now ? Got all the paperwork sorted out and about to mail it out.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I have no idea what the times are now, but if you don't get a reasonable answer In The next day or 2, I would suggest calling a few locations and ask. I am Sure they would be able to give a fairly accurate guess on processing times. I would start with YHM, can't say enough good things about Sharon Chandler!

checkremarks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by checkremarks »

I used the Toronto Younge Street office for mine back in the fall of last year and my ATPL was signed off in 4 days. Everything was in order, mailed my logbooks in and back. Sticker came shortly after. Just as the previous post, no issues with the Toronto Office!

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"
"Why don't you knock it off with all them negative waves"
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

When I submit for my ATPL shortly here, if I send in an electronic copy of my logbook (spreadsheet) and keep my original, is this acceptable to TC? What about needing to see the stickers I have in my book from various places I've worked saying "these aircraft were operated two crew" etc and signed by the chief pilot?

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I just got letters from previous employers signed by the CP. Can't say whether they accept e-logbooks because I don't know. I just printed mine off and gave them a hardcopy. The program I used gave me an option to print it in the same format as a book I had bought at Aviation World.

duramaxguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by duramaxguy »

Some guys at work have recently sent it in to Winnipeg (through Whitehorse) received the sticker 4 weeks later. You will need the letter stating 2 crew operation if it's on single pilot certified aircraft. Not having that letter held my application up a bit when I went through the process. I also printed a hard copy of my electronic book.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

6 weeks to the day from YXX. Two of the guys I work with used YYJ and YVR respectively and had the same times.

I was told 6-8 weeks when I submitted mine.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

YYZ, with all paperwork and supporting documents as necessary, you can get it signed there, or if they need to double check, I.e, I had multicrew time with no signature, once I got the letter from my company it was three weeks, maybe less.

You're better off going to the office that processes everything than going through the satellite offices. Guys used to have issues out west with YWG, up to 4 months.

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

schnitzel2k3 wrote:YYZ, with all paperwork and supporting documents as necessary, you can get it signed there, or if they need to double check, I.e, I had multicrew time with no signature, once I got the letter from my company it was three weeks, maybe less.

Your better office going to the office that processes everything than going through the satellite offices. Guys used to have issues out west with YWG, up to 4 months.
You need a signature for multi-crew time ? Or is that the letter for single pilot certified machines operated 2 crew ?

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

It was my 1900 right seat time.

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

schnitzel2k3 wrote:It was my 1900 right seat time.
Gotcha thanks!

Return to “General Comments”