Packin' Heat - Pilot Arrested With Gun in Carry-on Bag

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

crazy_aviator
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Packin' Heat - Pilot Arrested With Gun in Carry-on Bag

Post by crazy_aviator »

Was the pilot's intent to murder/hijack or do other evil ? NO ! The brainwashed masses have been thought processed quite well. Give him a ticket and let him on his way. He is a good citizen,,,,, PROSECUTE the CRIMINALS instead ,,,,WAKE- UP North Americans !!! IF guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns!
---------- ADS -----------

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

NWONT wrote:Sulako, I think my assessment of the poster was fair based on the post in question. I quit posting here long ago because it seemed pointless but certain subjects get me .......passionate. I posted much on the gun registry being a tool by the government to disarm the population and make us all defenceless against them. I was called every name in the book on this. "You register your car, why not your guns?" they howled. The documentary I mentioned (Broken Trust) clearly shows exactly what I was talking about. The government agents made such a disaster of the High River Alberta situation they became so afraid of the citizens and literally kicked down the doors of private residents to seize their property. These were nice, middle/upper class homes in good neighbourhoods. Many who post here have absolutely no knowledge of what they beak off about but because they are anonymous they let fly anyway. No problem, it's a free world but expect to be called up on it. The post in question by Azimuth stated that air marshals, sitting quietly in their seats, not making eye contact with each other will stop anyone from entering the cockpit. That comment I found to be so stupid I felt I had to counterpoint. Possibly I didn't use terminology that would be acceptable at church picnic and OMG, someone is offended. The truth is that less than 1% of commercial flights in the USA have and air marshal on them, I doubt very much if any have two so I do believe the pilot should have a weapon he can use to keep any attacker off the flight deck. Just me talking. One man who was a frequent poster on this site was Catdriver. This aviator has lived through many eras of aviation, has flown aircraft around the world, flown more types to more countries with little or no navigation aids whatsoever, than any of us will ever dream of. His knowledge of aviation is without question, pilot, engineer, instructor, helicopter pilot, airshow performer, historian. The list is endless.This man took much time to relate experiences and pass on the knowledge he has accumulated to young aviators. These young pups, instead of listening to this distinguished aviator, instead hurled insults and showed much disrespect. Finally he had enough and packed up his banjo and left. What a loss to this site. So, Sulako, anytime you feel that my comments are offensive feel free to boot my ass off this site. It's happened before...........

Too long, didn't read. Don't care about the issue either. I care about the forum rules. Personal attacks aren't cool, and they are against the forum rules that you agreed to abide by when you registered. Don't make them, and instead debate the issue, which as you said, you clearly feel passionate about. Or you can choose to continue to make personal attacks, and I'll click a mouse a couple of times. Your call, Captain.

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

Also, it seems that this issue is getting people all riled up. Let's take a quick breather and return in a day or two to continue to discuss this in as rational a manner as we can. Until then, have a most excellent weekend!

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

NWONT wrote:Azimu....3000 people died in the towers, maybe a gun on the flight deck could have stopped that.
There are 32,000 gun-related deaths in the USA every year.

NWONT
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NWONT »

Like I said Capt''n Crunch, this site is full of bullshitters, apparently I can't say idiots............The Centers for Disease control says the number of gun related deaths in the USA last year was 11493, but anyone can put anything they want on this site without any knowledge of the subject, just like you just did. Now I got to hide as I get booted off here for telling the truth.

NWONT
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NWONT »

Have a good night Sulako

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

NWONT wrote:.The Centers for Disease control says the number of gun related deaths in the USA last year was 11493,
But if anyone is interested in the truth, its about three times that:

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/citation/quotes/6492
2011 - Accidental discharge of firearms 851

2011 - Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms 19,766

2011 - Assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms 11,101

2011 - Discharge of firearms, undetermined intent - 222
289 of the homicides are considered legal firearm interventions (by police)

on average 500 - 1000 people are killed every year from guns going off by accident. Often by children whose parents have "forgotten" their loaded weapon in one place or another.

Last edited by azimuthaviation on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NWONT
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NWONT »

BTW, just read the rules on posting. I don't think anything I've posted is vulgar, abusive, sexually oriented or anything else on the list but I've been wrong before. My posts are meant to be thought provoking, and to expose false statements that some young person may accept as fact. I think the purpose of this sight, originally, was to discuss aviation related subjects and get opinions on a global scale. Much of this is to help steer a new, inexperienced aviator in the right direction. A young, impressionable person can get the wrong message by just listening to the chatter in the local bar or coffee shop but here he can ask for opinions from people in all areas of aviation and related areas...........but that's just me talking again.

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

crazy_aviator wrote:Was the pilot's intent to murder/hijack or do other evil ? NO ! The brainwashed masses have been thought processed quite well. Give him a ticket and let him on his way. He is a good citizen,,,,, PROSECUTE the CRIMINALS instead ,,,,WAKE- UP North Americans !!! IF guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns!
It's a criminal code violation. One that you would let slide? Because he didn't happen to use his loaded, unlicensed, restricted ( actually, PROHIBITED do to the length of the barrel being under 4") firearm? Did he take it along with him outside his hotel room in downtown Calgary? Bet he didn't leave it in his room! I wouldn't have. He could have declared his gun to CDN customs right up front. They'd have put it in a safe till his departure. Then, this paragon of "a good citizen" tries to carry it onto an aircraft. Again, undeclared. Don't give me the old song and dance....only outlaws will have guns crap!
I'm a gun owner. You may be as well. That's not the point here. You can't pull that crap in the USA, and he can't pull it here.
If you want to lobby for concealed carry here in Canada, I'll be right beside you, waving the banner. In the meantime, this guy didn't "accidentally" carry a concealed firearm illegally into our country. He knew what he was doing......and chose to give our law the proverbial finger! If I was the Calgary Crown Attorney, I'd hang his sorry, dumb ass out to dry.
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

Don't forget the 32,163 injuries by firearms on top of the 31940 deaths by firearms. I wonder how many missed shot incidences there were?

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

I've never seen so many examples of ADD as are on this sight. Can nobody stay on topic? Too many green frogs hopping about?
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

Perfectly linear conversation on any topic is pretty boring fare. It's pretty hard to talk about the ramifications of this incident without talking about the risks and merits of guns and gun control, isn't it? Even the core of this topic is so loosely related to aviation that I'm surprised the thread has survived this long. Whether or not he should have carried it on board the aircraft or tried to come through security with it and why he did so could have been discussed to death in 10 posts.

Return to “General Comments”