Dellen Millard charged with murder of his father

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Dellen Millard charged with murder of his father

Post by goldeneagle »

This story has taken an ugly, but not totally unexpected turn

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/10 ... a-babcock/
---------- ADS -----------

crazy_aviator
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Dellen Millard charged with murder of his father

Post by crazy_aviator »

Where is the death penalty when you need it,,,long trial will cost taxpayers millions and re-victimize the innocent!

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

^ I always get a kick out of that attitude. :roll:
Murder is wrong, so let's string up anyone accused of a particularly gruesome variety of it without the benefit of a trial, because it's cheaper to do it that way...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

Want the death penalty? Go live in the barbaric USA
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

Illya,
I'm confused, because I'm just a dumb American...

But we are barbaric in the US because of the death penalty?
But Canadians such as this douche, and Holmolka and Bernardo and Pickton and Olsen are what exactly in your mind?

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Nark wrote:Illya,

But Canadians such as this douche, and Holmolka and Bernardo and Pickton and Olsen are what exactly in your mind?

Not quite Nark. Let me explain it to you - Holmolka/Bernardo Pickton/Olsen were convicted in a Court of Law (just to remind you that is where guilt/innocence is decided) beyond a reasonable doubt. The other individual noted hasn’t been to court yet, although charged. Until that time (guilty verdict), noted individual is presumed innocent just like me and you………..

Now, I will let you go back to your TV to watch CSI,Law and Order and the multitude of other US cop and robber shows.

NWONT
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NWONT »

Yes Sir, love that Holmolka saga. Canadian justice at it's proudest. har har

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

Nark wrote:Illya,

Personally I find the death penalty to be barbaric. I believe the only other "modern" countries who still use it (other than the Americans) are Russia and China? I think Olsen has been "dealt with"? Bernardo will never see the light of day. As for Holmolka....plea bargain gone wrong?
Anyway, this would make for a lively chat over beer, but we should lay it to rest here?
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Illya Kuryakin wrote:Bernardo will never see the light of day.
Illya
So what is the point in you and I paying to keep him alive? I think there is a place for the death penalty in cases with confessions or a significant amount of proof.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
boogs82
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by boogs82 »

crazy_aviator wrote:Where is the death penalty when you need it,,,long trial will cost taxpayers millions and re-victimize the innocent!
I'm not too sure what world you live in and how things work. But here goes nothing.

The Rule of Law still exists in this country and the United States where some states have the death penalty. Regardless of the death penalty existing there will still be a long trial costing taxpayers lots of money. There will still be a person in custody which costs the taxpayers lots of money. In the United States if there is a death sentence on finding of guilt, there are many many years of appeals. When the appeals are ongoing, there is still a period of custody paid for by taxpayers.

I guess I'm just pointed out some flawed logic in your argument.

crazy_aviator
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by crazy_aviator »

Perhaps my reply was misunderstood, i didn't imply that he shouldn't get a FAIR trial, I'm implying that the courts and law in Canada suits the criminal and the innocent are often paying the most. Here is an example, If person A steals 2000 bucks and is found guilty, he/she should pay back twice that which was stolen and the one he/she steals from should be recompensed fully, also the system should be paid for ( courts) by the guilty working it off until it is fully paid. With respect to capital crimes, they should be made to pay for their crime and be a slave to the family they did harm to ,,they should be given opportunity to rehabilitate INSTEAD of rotting in a evil prison with other dogs !! If they are incorrigible, ( not rehabilitateable) then a quick and simple death penalty to do everyone a favor ( including the guilty) Scum like Millard will plead not guilty ( he likely killed for truck parts and he also likely killed his own father for the inheritance) and re-offend both victim and society alike ( Like the Carla plea-bargain)

slam525i
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by slam525i »

I get the feeling that some people here would like to have Sharia Law enacted in Canada...

NWONT
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NWONT »

Yup, you got that right Crazy. In Canada we spend way to much effort worrying about the rights of the perpetrator instead of the victim. Homolka lures her own little sister so she can be tortured, raped and murdered by her and her boyfriend. Gets a short stay at Club Fed, complete with many parties, even a fashion show and is back on the street before her lipstick fades. Ron Smith, Canadian, hitch hiking through Montana, gets a ride from two young American lads. Has them kneel in the dirt and one in the head for each of them to show his appreciation for their kindness and generosity. Asks for and receives the death penalty. Soon loses his nerve, begs for his life, says he's sorry, has been on death row for over 32 years. I'm sure his legal bills must be something to see and paid by hardworking taxpayers. Why is this piece of crap still alive? Now, it seems many are worried about the sadness HIS family will endure when he's gone. What about the families of those two young men? This guy should have been removed from this earth 30 years ago. Sure like to see the Millard fortune pay for this trial but I know it will be us lowly taxpayers instead. Then he'll be sentenced to life in prison for each murder with no chance of parole for 6 weeks..............then let the appeals begin!!!!!

ScreaminBanshee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ScreaminBanshee »

I'm pretty sure this thread should just be shut down.

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

ScreaminBanshee wrote:I'm pretty sure this thread should just be shut down.
Agreed.
I'm pretty sure it will soon get the death penalty.. without the benefit of a trial.

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

This is only tangentially related to aviation. Locked.

Return to “General Comments”