CF-18 Hornets going to Europe for NATO

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: CF-18 Hornets going to Europe for NATO

Post by timel »

Darkwing Duck wrote:I for one am glad Canada is sending over a small contingent. Hopefully this will get bigger. This is not a matter of the US being war mongers or needing to spur on the economy for the love of oil or weapons. This is about stopping expansionism and a former communist wanting to relive the Golden era of his former regime. If Ukraine is being annexed by the Ruskies we should give our support to keep them from an empirialist like Putin.
What?! Dude this kind of speach were still working on Irak invasion... Now it's long known beeing intense bullshit. Political moves = business .

Please Canada send F18 south Korea and go beat the crap out Kim Jong Il who's been with his father torturing hip peeps for siecles, the only coco left is in north Korea. China, Russia full capitalist with a different way of governing their countries. Autoritarian for sure. Ukrania provides strategical advantages for russia with the black sea.

You cannot tell me Putin did not have plans regarding the invasion of Ukraine for some time. Heck, if it was not Russia hosting the Olympics and 3/4 of the world boycotting them, he would have done this sooner. Heaven forbid should Canada be invaded for our resources. With our small military we would not hold off the invading mongrels for a lengthly time and would need the support of our allies. And the more friends the better. I for one believe one good deed deserves another.
[/quote]

We are already invaded by other countries, selling our ressources for peanuts to big corps with greeting from our politicals. No needs to send weapons.
---------- ADS -----------

dahspeers
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dahspeers »

Does not affect Canada. Does not require our interference.

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Keep talking gentlemen.

And try to remember who (or perhaps what) won WWII and how.

Spandau
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spandau »

How many Hornets are in an RCAF fighter squadron nowadays? Surely there's more than six (I would guess 16). At the very least we should have sent one full squadron.

Today Ukraine. Tomorrow...our arctic? I don't think comparing today to the mid thirties, or Putin to Hitler, is all that far fetched.

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

I wonder, all the people who are supporting this charade, would any of YOU be willing to die for Crimea?

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

I'm sure Chamberlain said the same thing about Czechoslovakia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Agreement

The parallel is fascinating:
From 1918 to 1938, after the breakup of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, more than 3 million ethnic Germans were living in the Czech part of the newly created state of Czechoslovakia.
Sound familiar?

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Colonel Sanders wrote:Sound familiar?
Yes, very familiar. The lyircs change but the beat remains the same. Why some people still feel compelled to dance to the rhythm is beyond me.

JungianJugular
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JungianJugular »

azimuthaviation wrote:I wonder, all the people who are supporting this charade, would any of YOU be willing to die for Crimea?

Last edited by JungianJugular on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

azimuthaviation wrote:I wonder, all the people who are supporting this charade, would any of YOU be willing to die for Crimea?

I would, and could.

Going for the deck at corner
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

AuxBatOn wrote:

I would, and could.
For the ones who enthusiastically joined Hitler during WW2? Meanwhile comparing Putin to Hitler. Pick which side youre on...

http://stosstruppen39-45.tripod.com/id10.html
Crimean Tartar was not only gladly collaborating with the Germans, but was also supplying the Wehrmacht with 20,000 soldiers. These descendants of Mongols especially infamous during anti-partisan operations. In July-August 1943, Yalta mayor V.I. Maltzev formed a Tartars punitive battalion in Yevpatoria. Known as 'Khimi', the battalion fought the partisan in Yaila Mountains, where they burned several partisan bases and killed many civilians.

Impressed with theirs action, the Germans later transferred the battalion to northwestern France to fought the French maquis. Once again, their atrocious behaviors become well known so that feed fears to French civilians.
Again, there are no good guys in Europe.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Spandau wrote: At the very least we should have sent one full squadron.
Supporting one full squadron thousands of miles from Canada requires people and infrastructure that we cannot do right now. There's a reason they picked the number six.
azimuthaviation wrote:Again, there are no good guys in Europe.
That's a ridiculous statement. Name a nation in Europe that is not a democracy where the people have a direct say in who governs them and how, and has expansionist plans on another nation's sovereign territory and has acted on them?

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Rockie wrote: Name a nation in Europe that is not a democracy
So what? The method of choosing their government is a deciding factor on whether or not they are good (depending on what your criteria of good is of course).

Hitler, Hamas, Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood, Rhouhani, are all good guys too by that matter?
Rockie wrote: and has expansionist plans on another nation's sovereign territory and has acted on them?

I have to admit Putin's little stunt of a sovereignty referendum did lack a bit of legitimacy. I mean who could take seriously a country populating a territory not its own, with its own nationals and then asking them to vote on the status of that territory. Ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_I ... ndum,_2013

Falkland Islands sovereignty referendum, 2013
On a turnout of 92%, an overwhelming 99.8% voted to remain a British territory, with only three votes against.

frosti
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by frosti »

Colonel Sanders wrote:Canada has six fighter jets which are older
than the pilots. How many fighter jets does
Russia have? Six hundred? Six thousand?
I wouldn't be worried about the jets, I'd be worried about their AD system. Russia isn't Libya, there is a serious chance of jets not returning back if they stray too close to the Russian border.

I'm from the Ukraine and I would not die for it, it is none of our business to be interfering in that region. How does this concern Canada exactly? Since when do we have to protect a non-NATO entity. We are accusing the Russians of the exact same thing we are doing. Sorry if I'm not a blind cheerleader of the west.

crazy_aviator
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by crazy_aviator »

Between NATO obligations, The warmongering USA administration and the DELETED scum that would have brainwashed this conservative christian ( Harper) I have no doubt that Canada can be lured into WW#3, just like America was conned into the WMD of Iraq lie ! STAY OUT OF WARS CANADA !!
AND Harper, DELETED Now to stay on topic, We should send a message to the Whores in the white house that we are not interested in THEIR wars and wish to remain NEUTRAL !

Deleted a few lines here that were over the line. Think about that for a week or so, please...

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

crazy_aviator wrote:Between NATO obligations, The warmongering USA administration and the ZIONIST scum that would have brainwashed this conservative christian ( Harper) I have no doubt that Canada can be lured into WW#3, just like America was conned into the WMD of Iraq lie ! STAY OUT OF WARS CANADA !!
AND Harper, Pull your Ass out of the zionist LIE concerning "Israel" and all countries kissing this FALSE jewish nation !!! Now to stay on topic, We should send a message to the Whores in the white house that we are not interested in THEIR wars and wish to remain NEUTRAL !

You poor ignorant fool.

You do realize that Canada is far, far from a neutral country right?
Who am I kidding, the average citizen thinks Canada is a peace loving hockey country.

I love the sentiment here: your neighbor needs a house rebuilt, but since you can only afford to give a 2x4 its not worth the effort.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

I dont know whats worse, taking the west as an ally or trusting the west as an ally.

We dont need to get into how well the wests allies turned out. Remember Chalabi in Iraq? Th Libyan NTC? Or those idealistic Saudi allies the US found last time they wanted to punish the Russians? Thank God Canada wasnt as intertwined with those guys as much as USA was. If harper was in power back then, maybe we would have.

But the Ukranians should be warned not to take the USA as an ally, just be used and dumped when they no longer are politically useful. Cant help notice that their main cheerleader in the west is John McCain. People trust this guy?

In Western Syria is the village of Malloulla. I know it well. It sits about thirty miles north of my own Lebanese village in the same mountain range that stradles the Syrian Lebanese border. Most those villages are Christian, Druze, Shiite, and Alawite. Small rugged villages, with breathtaking views, built high in the hills where their inaccessibility is their protection. From these villages you can see sometimes half a dozen other towns. From mine you can see three countries from your front door. Malloulla is especially unique. The language is Aramaic, the residents are Christian. Ethnically, religiously, linguistically, and culturally preserved for millennia.

Before McCain went to Kiev, he went to Syria. He compared Assad to Hitler. Said he believed in what the Syrian resistance was trying to achieve, he was on their side against a tyrant. Egged them on, promised them backing, weapons, aerial support, even provided them with some. They believed him. Soon it became apparent that the Syrian resistance werent very nice guys after all. McCain got out of there, dumped them, and took Ukraine as his cause. Found himself in orange square in Kiev.

The citizens of Malloulla of course couldnt hide in Kiev. Not even when the armies of Al Qaeda came. Armies of battle hardened maniacal mostly from Saudi Arabia and Chechnya captured their village, and they werent kind either. The atrocities these people committed is beyond the scope of comprehension for a normal human being. And when the people of Malloulla prayed for a saviour, someone to rescue them, someone to give their lives to beat these animals back, who came? Not McCain, not the Christian right (who is quite vocal about protecting Christians from islamization where there is no real danger), not Glenn Beck, or NATO, or Israel, or Harper and his CF-18s, not Britain or France, not any western or Christian army, organisation, or entity.

They were liberated last week by brigades of Hezbollah. An army listed as a banned terrorist organisation here in Canada, lost untold numbers of their own Muslim dead in order to free Christian villagers from US backed Wahabbi terrorists. Before you follow this clown Harper into another adventure, better make clear who your real friends are, and who your real enemies are. If you actually stopped to think about it, you might be surprised.

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

azimuthaviation wrote:They were liberated last week by brigades of Hezbollah.
Ah yes the peace loving Iranian-Syrian backed people of Hezbollah intent on the destruction of their neighbour, a sovereign nation and all it's people, god bless them. :roll:

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

BverLuver wrote: god bless them
Im sure they will be in the prayers of the survivors of Malloulla for a very long time, your sarcasm aside. A very honorable place to be indeed.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Azimuth, much as you'd like it to be, this thread is Not about you, Lebanon, or the Middle East.

It IS about Ukraine, NATO, CF18's and Canada's contributions thereto.

And for the rest of you, please confine your comments to the topic at hand...

Thanks!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “General Comments”