Falsified Chief pilot application

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

frozen solid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Falsified Chief pilot application

Post by frozen solid »

I've got the popcorn, if someone has beer and someone else brings some lawn chairs, this could be entertaining.
---------- ADS -----------

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

I wrote a CP exam and had an interview in 1989 or 1990 based on the old ANOs. I believe I was one of the first as the exam was not multiple choice., and it may have only being in the Prairie region.

I would certainly look into the pay issue.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

trey kule wrote:I would certainly look into the pay issue.
I dunno, Trey. Not to defend what allegedly happened, but it's hard to see what compensation is appropriate for not discharging the responsibilities and not accepting the liabilities of a job you never applied for and didn't really have...

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

the oppression of my people
AA: I have difficulty imagining anyone less oppressed
than you.

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

bluenote wrote:thanks for all the comments guys, since all of you don't think falsifying an application to become a chief pilot doesn't mean a whole lot why do we even have an entity called Transport Canada, we might as well roam and do as we please. I can assure you this gentleman is very upset to find out his name was used without his consent and he is requesting his file from TC to see what these guys really do to make a chief pilot.

Anyways, I don't want any more comments on this subject as the investigation continues. Let's wind down the thread, no wonder aviation in Canada is 'whatever'.
Y'know, it's arguably bad form to come to an aviation forum looking for free legal advice on a case in which you claim to not have a personal interest, and then get all pissy because people don't unanimously agree with your view of the world. 8)

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

YYZSaabGuy wrote:
bluenote wrote:thanks for all the comments guys, since all of you don't think falsifying an application to become a chief pilot doesn't mean a whole lot why do we even have an entity called Transport Canada, we might as well roam and do as we please. I can assure you this gentleman is very upset to find out his name was used without his consent and he is requesting his file from TC to see what these guys really do to make a chief pilot.

Anyways, I don't want any more comments on this subject as the investigation continues. Let's wind down the thread, no wonder aviation in Canada is 'whatever'.
Y'know, it's arguably bad form to come to an aviation forum looking for free legal advice on a case in which you claim to not have a personal interest, and then get all pissy because people don't unanimously agree with your view of the world. 8)
Thank you, anything else?

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

bluenote wrote:
YYZSaabGuy wrote:

Thank you, anything else?
Not at all, happy to help out. Anything else from you?

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

Nope, no more comments I have read enough on the matter to realize the subject is not being taken seriously so I would appeciate it that there are no more posts. Too much information on the romans for one day is good. Thank you for the info.

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

the subject is not being taken seriously
The subject is taken seriously, its your case that's not taken seriously. Twenty years ago, its a false piece of paper, not a murder charge. Sometimes you just have to let the white whale go.

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
frozen solid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by frozen solid »

bluenote wrote:Nope, no more comments I have read enough on the matter to realize the subject is not being taken seriously so I would appeciate it that there are no more posts. Too much information on the romans for one day is good. Thank you for the info.
Hey man, as well as the awesomely funny joke about Romans, I am the only one who DID take you seriously. I told you it was a case of identity theft and told you to ask a lawyer. You came here asking for advice from a bunch of pilots, and we all told you this was an ancient case, and I told you I thought it was identity theft, as well as a business getting value from your friend's qualifications without paying him, and I told you to go talk to a lawyer. WTF else do you want? Sympathy? Commiseration? OK, if I was your old-timer buddy I would find it all very cheeky and I would look at it as an invitation to cause trouble and have some fun with the asshole that stole my identity. You must be one of those weirdos that like complaining about stuff more than doing anything about it. Here's one more tip: Tell your pal to phone revenue Canada and tell them he never got a T4 for all those years he worked at such-and-such a place as their chief pilot. Produce whatever paperwork he has saying he was the chief pilot, as proof. There you go. Those vampires will take a run at anyone, no matter how long ago they think someone didn't pay their taxes. You're welcome.

Go talk to a lawyer. Go talk to a Lawyer. Go talk to a lawyer. Go talk to a lawyer. Go talk to a lawyer. What else do you want from a bunch of off-duty pilots? Some guys just can't be helped. GOD!!!

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

You must be one of those weirdos that like complaining about stuff more than doing anything about it.
Clearly you're not familiar with our friend bluenote's work here on avcanada. :wink:

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

I'm glad to hear he got back from Ethiopia ok.

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

Colonel Sanders wrote:I'm glad to hear he got back from Ethiopia ok.
I wonder where he's going next on Carmen Sandiego's trail.

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

Shiny Side Up wrote: its your case that's not taken seriously. Twenty years ago, its a false piece of paper, not a murder charge. Sometimes you just have to let the white whale go.
Falsifying documents is pretty serious. Even if it happened 20 years ago, doesn't it say something about their credibility? I think it would raise a red flag especially if the person is still in the industry,

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

Sure, if they're still around, if they're still actively working in that same field, or if that company is still running under that false pretense. But chances are, people are gone, moved on and if someone was upset about it they've gotten over it. Also take note of who seems to have an axe to grind here. The same guy who year after year railed about how unfair the whole flight instructor thing was, like a clockwork, middle of fall wondering why jobs were tough to find. Little tough to take him seriously anymore.

A valuable lesson in life is to learn when you've been chasing that white whale too long.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

trey kule wrote:I wrote a CP exam and had an interview in 1989 or 1990 based on the old ANOs.
My first CP gig was in 86, BC region. No exam, no interview. It was for a day vfr floats and wheels operation, cant remember how they were categorized back then. It was the 80's equivalent of a 703 today.

JungianJugular
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JungianJugular »

Bluenote ...

Driving Rain
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Driving Rain »

Tell your pal to phone revenue Canada and tell them he never got a T4 for all those years he worked at such-and-such a place as their chief pilot. Produce whatever paperwork he has saying he was the chief pilot, as proof.

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/04/30/cra- ... t-expires/

Looks like there's a 10 year window on income tax withholding, however, If your friend follows your advice he'll get a nice note permanently attached to his file and will be audited till the day after he's dead. :roll:

frozen solid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by frozen solid »

OK so NOT a good idea then. :oops:

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

Shiny Side Up wrote:
You must be one of those weirdos that like complaining about stuff more than doing anything about it.
Clearly you're not familiar with our friend bluenote's work here on avcanada. :wink:

you and the colonel are way too funny for me, man .

Return to “General Comments”