Falsified Chief pilot application

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Falsified Chief pilot application

Post by bluenote »

What would be the consequences from TC if a retired pilot found out they were a chief pilot of small air service without their knowing that they were the chief pilot. Mind you this happened years ago but just found out now, that the then air service which no longer is active but the owner of that air service is still an active professional pilot today falsified documents and submitted them to TC to show that this retired old fella is the chief pilot , can this happen without knowing? Would they submit a false application and resume ?

Just trying to find out if such a case which I would think is a serious one can have TC still investigate it today years later to lay charges to this previous owner of the air service.

thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Duffman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Falsified Chief pilot application

Post by Duffman »

:?: :!:

How long ago did this happen? Isn't there an interview required to be chief pilot of any company?

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

Duffman wrote::?: :!:

How long ago did this happen? Isn't there an interview required to be chief pilot of any company?
was there one 20 years ago? I don't know

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

For 702 ops no needs of interview, just fill up a form and make it approve 703 - 704 - 705 you have to do exam + interviews. 20 y. Ago probably not.

frozen solid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by frozen solid »

I can tell you there was an exam and an interview 15 years ago... I did 'em. I can't comment on 20 years ago... around that time I was still scared of chief pilots.

I guess I would be looking for all my back pay if I suddenly found out I had been doing some chief pilotin' and hadn't been paid for it!

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

timel wrote:For 702 ops no needs of interview, just fill up a form and make it approve 703 - 704 - 705 you have to do exam + interviews. 20 y. Ago probably not.

Trying to find the link in Transport Canada site. This was the old charter class 9-4 licence for day/night vfr-ifr operations using aircraft below 12.500 lbs.

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

20 years ago, the CARs were not in effect -
the old PLH, ANO and Air Regs were.

I realize you have an axe to grind here, but
trying to get an Enforcement action going
retroactively before the CARs were legislated
is going to a tad difficult. Are you going to
have Alexander Graham Bell charged for the
similarly lawless flight of the Silver Dart?

And trying to get some Enforcement action
going on the old ANO's, well ...

You must have a real hate on for this guy -
I understand that. But maybe you should
just move on with your life.

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

Pre CARS -- no exam -- no interview -- application and a resume to TC just to prove you had the required experience -- basically below or above 12500 -- same for DFO -- even if there were interest I'm sure statue of limitations has expired and if there were no issues such as lawsuits and accidents -- it's ancient history -- who cares --

:up: -- I'm an echo

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

Liquid Charlie wrote:Pre CARS -- no exam -- no interview -- application and a resume to TC just to prove you had the required experience -- basically below or above 12500 -- same for DFO -- even if there were interest I'm sure statue of limitations has expired and if there were no issues such as lawsuits and accidents -- it's ancient history -- who cares --

:up: -- I'm an echo

If there is a lawsuit then can they be charged?

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

I'm no lawyer -- something like loss of life might have no limitation but all you can do is pay your $500 and get legal advice --

PS -- TC would have nothing to do with this --

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

Liquid Charlie wrote:I'm no lawyer -- something like loss of life might have no limitation but all you can do is pay your $500 and get legal advice --

PS -- TC would have nothing to do with this --

thanks for all the comments guys, since all of you don't think falsifying an application to become a chief pilot doesn't mean a whole lot why do we even have an entity called Transport Canada, we might as well roam and do as we please. I can assure you this gentleman is very upset to find out his name was used without his consent and he is requesting his file from TC to see what these guys really do to make a chief pilot.

Anyways, I don't want any more comments on this subject as the investigation continues. Let's wind down the thread, no wonder aviation in Canada is 'whatever'.

frozen solid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by frozen solid »

bluenote wrote:
why do we even have an entity called Transport Canada, we might as well roam and do as we please.
I have often asked myself this very same question. As far as I can tell they exist in order to hassle you about the dangerous goods chapter in your ops manual, and to make sure everybody fills out their SMS reports.
bluenote wrote: I can assure you this gentleman is very upset to find out his name was used without his consent and he is requesting his file from TC to see what these guys really do to make a chief pilot.
Hey I'd be pissed-off too. I assume he didn't get paid to be the chief pilot either... that's an angle a lawyer might be interested. It's actually "identity theft", which is taken quite seriously indeed. It was just a long time ago is all... I'd ask a lawyer, and see what he has to say. Identity theft is no joke.

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

I feel the same way about restitution
for the Napoleonic Wars.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

Transport Canada, they are overloaded of work, from 10:30 when coffee brake is done until 11:45 .. From 13:45 until 15:40. The rest of the time, good luck in having services.

Transport Canada is never responsable.

frozen solid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by frozen solid »

Colonel Sanders wrote:I feel the same way about restitution
for the Napoleonic Wars.
Hey, don't get me started on the Romans. They moved onto my peoples' land and built cities and forced us all into labour on their damn roads and made us into second-class citizens on our own island.

Who do I see about my land claim? Also I want "Hadrian's Wall" removed from my traditional land, and I want someone to pay for the "cleanup" and environmental assessment. F$*%ing Romans. :evil:

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

for the Napoleonic Wars.
Funny most people think thats ridiculous but two billion people find it reasonable that we are still making amends for Adam and Eve eating a fruit they werent supposed to. They didnt consult me before they ate it, why am I being punished??

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

azimuthaviation wrote:
for the Napoleonic Wars.
Funny most people think thats ridiculous but two billion people find it reasonable that we are still making amends for Adam and Eve eating a fruit they werent supposed to. They didnt consult me before they ate it, why am I being punished??
Azimuthaviation,

This ought to be good, and a complete thread drift, but I'll take the bait. How exactly are YOU being punished because of a bite from the sacrilege apple?

BL

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Started the day I was born when my mom had to go through a lot of pain to deliver me.
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy pain and thy conception; in pain thou shalt bring forth children

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

azimuthaviation wrote:Started the day I was born when my mom had to go through a lot of pain to deliver me.
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy pain and thy conception; in pain thou shalt bring forth children
Azimuth,

I would submit that her pain was not felt until you started opening your mouth and speaking. Now, can you possibly contribute to one thread without bringing up religion or how oppressed your people are? Thank you.

Back to the intent of the thread. I think you will find the statute of limitations in play. Although, it could incite other investigations had there been gross negligence causing harm to an innocent passenger or person on the ground which could amount to a homicide investigation, in which case there is no statute to my knowledge. Short of that and I think your "friend" may be S.O.L for any due recourse.

BL

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

BverLuver wrote:I would submit that her pain was not felt until you started opening your mouth and speaking
Well, Genesis 3:16 would disagree with you.
BverLuver wrote: Now, can you possibly contribute to one thread without bringing up religion or how oppressed your people are?
Yeah ok, CS brings up the point of legal jurisdiction of TC to enforce regulations before they were mandated and uses a bit of levity to demonstrate that point, mentioning the silver dart and then going back as far as Napoleonic times as in where do we draw the limits. Then someone goes even farther and says the Romans, I go back further to the very first day man walked the earth and you take offense to that since somehow in your little mind that is me bringing up the oppression of my people?! Not, going to argue with you, just wanted to clarify.
BverLuver wrote:Back to the intent of the thread. I think you will find the statute of limitations in play. Although, it could incite other investigations had there been gross negligence causing harm to an innocent passenger or person on the ground which could amount to a homicide investigation, in which case there is no statute to my knowledge. Short of that and I think your "friend" may be S.O.L for any due recourse.
LOL, is that your professional legal advise??

Had a good conversation about that in the maintenance thread BTW not too long ago. Apparently there is no statute of limitations for TC or any other administrative law in Canada.

Also the punishments for the infractions can be retroactively applied to the infraction. I remember a case where an RCMP officer was convicted of some impropriety that occurred in the sixties and could have theoretically received a flogging.

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 27&t=94388

Return to “General Comments”