Accident In New Brunswick

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Spinner
Rank 6
Rank 6

Accident In New Brunswick

Post by Spinner »

Just heard on the radio about an accident involving single pilot around the Fredericton/Jemseg area.

Small plane crashes near Fredericton
Last updated Jul 20 2005 02:04 PM ADT
CBC News
A small plane crashed in central New Brunswick Wednesday morning, killing the pilot.

Cpl. Kevin Jackson said the RCMP received a 911 call just after 8:30 from someone in Cambridge Narrows who saw a low-flying plane and then heard a crash.

Emergency officials had to hike to the crash site, which is in a heavily wooded area near the Jemseg Bridge, off the Trans-Canada Highway about 30 kilometres east of Fredericton.

Jackson said the pilot died at the scene and it appears no passengers were on board.

Investigators are working with Transport Canada and the Department of Natural Resources to find out what caused the crash.

At the moment it's unclear where the plane originated from or where it was going, Jackson said, and there's no record the pilot sent out a distress signal.
---------- ADS -----------

bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by bizjet_mania »

probably low fly over his buddies house and into a tree? CFIT

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

Don't you go making stupid speculations, I swear to god I'll fly up to yyz and punch you square in the mouth. That kind of shit really makes me upset. I'll stand by while you make a jackass of yourself with your "I know a guy whose dog's original ower's mother flew a Citation X, so you're wrong" posts, but I'm afraid I'll have to ask you not to go making stories on accidents, especially when fatalities are involved.

That's someone's kid, brother, sister, mother, father or best friend that they pulled out of that wreckage. How about you think of that before you release your accident reports?

Last edited by desksgo on Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
LostinRotation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by LostinRotation »

If they had to hike to the crash site through a heavily wooded area, I'm going to assume that there were no roads in the area and prolly no houses...but then again, someone heard the crash... going to have to wait and see what further reports say.

-=0=LIR=0=-

Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain.

Spinner
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Spinner »

Sorry to hear guys. My condolences to the family and friends

CBC news again:

The crash victim has been identified as Dean Robertson, 45, of Pictou, N.S. He left an airstrip in Trenton, N.S., in the morning in his Wag-a-bond Traveller, headed for Ontario on personal business

golden hawk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by golden hawk »

Well said, Desksgo.

CCnCoke
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CCnCoke »

Here here deskgo. You're 100% correct - absolutely no need for comments like that. Period.

TI-ANB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TI-ANB »

http://nb.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View? ... se20050721

My condolences to his family and friends...

Leo.

monkeyspankmasterflex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by monkeyspankmasterflex »

Condolences to his/her family and friends.

Spot on, Desksgo.

flyindude
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by flyindude »

desksgo wrote:Don't you go making stupid speculations, I swear to god I'll fly up to yyz and punch you square in the mouth. That kind of shit really makes me upset. I'll stand by while you make a jackass of yourself with your "I know a guy whose dog's original ower's mother flew a Citation X, so you're wrong" posts, but I'm afraid I'll have to ask you not to go making stories on accidents, especially when fatalities are involved.

That's someone's kid, brother, sister, mother, father or best friend that they pulled out of that wreckage. How about you think of that before you release your accident reports?
My thoughts exactly. Someone died, have some compassion.

costermonger
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by costermonger »

Well put, deskgo. Baseless speculation doesn't do anybody a damn bit of good.

tomajet
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tomajet »

Hey bizjet. You must be one of those pilots that finds out your buddy gets on a bigger or better plane then you, and runs to the C.P. and tells him "If you put me on that plane I'll pay for my PPC". I'm from down east so becareful.
My condolences.

Return to “General Comments”