MyID Travel site

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

New Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

MyID Travel site

Post by New Flyer »

Hi all
The company I work for is about to implement this site for all non-rev travel.
I don't know too much about it, or how it all works, so just looking for comments.
Whats good about it, whats bad.

Thxs
---------- ADS -----------

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: MyID Travel site

Post by Liquid Charlie »

It's all good -- only pain is the need to change password every 90 days -- sure takes the hassle out of ID travel -- too bad Air Canada group is not there

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

We use it all the time. It's great to list for some airlines, since they don't like me (pilots) just showing up at the gate and listing.

Haven't used it in a while because I'm preoccupied, but a good product. Which also shows in a rudimentary way, seat loads.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

MyID Travel is fantastic. It depends how your airline has it structured; we have our own Staff Travel website and when we select to travel on Other Airlines, the site immediately logs us into MyID Travel, so the only password is the one for our company's staff travel website that I need to remember.

What I really love about it is that I can easily access and buy tickets on all sorts of different airlines, and list on them, through my iPad, anywhere in the World that I have an internet connection and a credit card. Refunds for unused tickets and downgrades are also fairly straight forward.

MyID Travel is a product evolved from the now-discontinued Fly ZED website, which some people may remember. As Nark mentions, it gives some very basic load (chance) information through color-coded smiley or frowny faces.

On a separate matter, since Amadeus revamped its website it is hard to find some load information on other airlines.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
pilotman15
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pilotman15 »

Nothing but good for that site! Can list yourself for any number of flights all at the same time and just get a full refund for the ones you don't use. Can also change travel plans last minute and re-route yourself if it means not spending hours or days in an airport like with old paper tickets. It also allows you to quickly check carrier prices before purchasing tickets. IE flying from Detroit on Delta vs. Toronto on Westjet with ZED fares is half of the price due to minimal airport taxes down there.

New Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by New Flyer »

Thxs for the responses!
I am quite surprised to find out Air Canada is not included.
What about Porter?

HiLo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by HiLo »

New Flyer wrote:Thxs for the responses!
I am quite surprised to find out Air Canada is not included.
What about Porter?
flyporter.com/jumpseat

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

Air Canada group does not participate but your company must also have the interline agreements in place before you can list -- when you log on it's tailored to your airline and those carriers you have interline agreements with -- you can only list on flights with the radio button beside the flight --

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:

Return to “General Comments”