Fake pilot ads

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Fake pilot ads

#51 Post by timel » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Rogerdodger2 wrote:More lies and conjecture from Gilles to support his anti SW position. None of it is factual or based on any solid information. He doesn't work there, therefore everything he says is speculation and assumption. Even ALPA and Transat don't support him because of all his lies and misinformation passed off as fact. Because Gilles says something doesn't make it fact or TRUTH. Think...
How many TFWP is Sunwing planning to get for 2014-2015 season?
Admitting it is 200, that is a lot of 737 trainings they won't have to pay or share cost with an other European company.
737 rating is like what +30k? G (30x200= 6M) That's a bunch of tickets you can sell cheaper and pissoff everyone around.

Just by that it is not fair competition. The Sunwing business plan is not fair for any company aiming to have Canadian pilot jobs all year long.

I think if Sunwing would be playing by the rules it would just make everyone happy. Now so far I checked out G's documentation and it makes sense to me Sunwing isn't justified to have TFP using the actual law.

Canadian pilots won't be allowed in Europe in 2 years without Euro ATPL, there is no equity, just a short business plan for SW.

I agree with Colonel.
---------- ADS -----------

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#52 Post by Gilles Hudicourt » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:46 pm

timel wrote:
Canadian pilots won't be allowed in Europe in 2 years without Euro ATPL, there is no equity, just a short business plan for SW.
Just a few minor corrections.

Canadian licensed pilots are presently not allowed to fly European registered aircraft commercially.
That is why Sunwing had been sending wet-leases to Europe these past years, to by-pass that restriction.
Then the Europeans decided that even if a foreign Carriers did wet-leases for a European carrier based in Europe, the foreign pilots would still need a European licence, to fly their own aircraft. That came into effect in Sept 2012.
Sunwing has succeeded in obtaining waivers from the Europeans, using the same kind of arguments they used to obtain the LMOs here in Canada. That 2 year you mention refers to the extension Sunwing obtained and this summer is the second year.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank 7
Rank 7

#53 Post by TeePeeCreeper » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:01 am

timel wrote: +3000 hrs and a very experienced pilot.
That's an interesting comment in itself.
I've personally got nearly twice as much experience yet I would consider myself as "inexperienced" compared to some of the guys I fly the line along side with.

As for this whole TFW debate, I wouldn't want to work for a company that has no respect for its employees.

Guess I'd rather not shit where I eat! Your "friends" and you may differ. To each his or her own I suppose...

Best Regards,
TPC

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#54 Post by timel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:32 pm

TeePeeCreeper wrote:
timel wrote: +3000 hrs and a very experienced pilot.
That's an interesting comment in itself.
I've personally got nearly twice as much experience yet I would consider myself as "inexperienced" compared to some of the guys I fly the line along side with.

As for this whole TFW debate, I wouldn't want to work for a company that has no respect for its employees.

Guess I'd rather not shit where I eat! Your "friends" and you may differ. To each his or her own I suppose...

Best Regards,
TPC
... and a very experienced pilot.

Agree + 3000 hrs doesn't mean automaticaly experience depending what you do where you work and what you fly. So to rephrase myself I'll say they meet SW interview requierments.

Agreed I wouldn't apply either, still won't stop me from having a beer with my "friends" and let them know about my opinions and sure will receive theirs... Friends don't always agree.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank 7
Rank 7

#55 Post by TeePeeCreeper » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:58 pm

timel wrote:
... and a very experienced pilot.

Agree + 3000 hrs doesn't mean automaticaly experience depending what you do where you work and what you fly. So to rephrase myself I'll say they meet SW interview requierments.

Agreed I wouldn't apply either, still won't stop me from having a beer with my "friends" and let them know about my opinions and sure will receive theirs... Friends don't always agree.
I agree completely! We're on the same page. :)

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#56 Post by Gilles Hudicourt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:10 pm

This in the helicopter field:

http://forums.verticalmag.com/index.php?showtopic=22148
Phoenix Heli-Flight has been operating from our Fort McMurray Base for more than 25 years supporting Oilsands related projects and ensuring the people in the region have access to air medical transport services. In December 2012 Phoenix Heli-Flight committed to the acquisition of a 24 hour a day, seven day a week, EC 135 emergency services helicopter. Day operations commenced July 2013 with Night operations becoming fully approved in December 2013.

Phoenix Heli-Flight crews are on Standby 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Flight crews are full-time employees and work rotating 3 weeks on/3 weeks off schedules both day and night shifts.

Phoenix Heli-Flight is one of the few commercial operators in Canada utilizing Night Vision Goggle Technologies and has been an industry leader in the implementation of new technologies to enhance pilot awareness and improve safe flight operations. Night Vision Goggles dramatically increase the safety of night operations allowing us to see obstacles and avoid terrain.

Flight Crew Qualification:

Possess a Canadian Helicopter ATPL
Possess a Canadian Group IV Instrument Rating
Require a minimum of 4000 helicopter flying hours
Require a minimum of 500 night and IFR experience
Require a minimum of 1500 multi engine helicopter experience
Require a minimum of 750 hours helicopter flight training experience
Require a Canadian EC 135 type endorsement

A Criminal Record Check is a requirement for this position

Successfully screened applicants will be flown to our base for further interviews and flight testing.

Contact me by email.

d.peters@phoenixheliflight.com

Thank you

Darrel Peters, C.P.
Does it require 750 hours of Helicopter Flight Training experience to fly such a Helicopter or was this inserted into the job requirements because the TFW candidate they intend to hire happens to have that experience ?

This ad requires an EC 135 endorsement. There are only 6 EC 135s registered in Canada. It's not like there are dozens of potential candidates out there.

This is again an ad that seems custom written to exclude a Canadian in favor of a TFW.

This company has hired TFW in the past. Let's hope this job will this time be filled by a qualified Canadian.

Elmo
Rank 0
Rank 0

#57 Post by Elmo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Foreign Pilots in Canada
In recent years, concerns have been raised that some airlines are excluding Canadian pilots from seasonal jobs by requiring job applicants to already be trained on specific types of planes (type‑rating) before they are hired, which is counter to general industry standards of airlines paying for and ensuring pilots obtain their training on the specific airline’s planes after they have been hired.

The Government of Canada consulted widely on this issue, and most stakeholders agreed that seasonal variations in fleet capacity should not stop airlines from training pilots for specific aircraft. It was noted that many airlines successfully contract flight time, pilot training and other training elements, such as flight simulator time, with other airlines or with aircraft manufacturers in order to meet their training requirements. There was a consensus that there is no shortage of Canadian commercial pilots who could be trained to fly specific types of aircraft.

Based on stakeholder consultations, the following changes are being made for airlines requesting foreign pilots through the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process.

Effective July 1, 2014, airlines must:

· meet the minimum advertising requirements for high-wage occupations;
· specify the following criteria in their job postings:
o no more than a maximum of 4,000 flight hours for a First Officer and 5,000 hours for a Captain as required experience;
o possess a valid commercial pilots' licence;
o require English and/or French language proficiency;
o include industry standard medical testing requirements for commercial flight;
o state both the legal and common names of the airline operating in Canada;
· not include as an essential or asset requirement the necessity of holding a type rating for a specific type of aircraft. However, requiring applicants to have experience flying equipment that is similar in configuration and complexity to the airline’s fleet is considered acceptable;
· indicate when training bonds will be applied and they must cover a minimum of two years employment;
· negotiate a transition plan with ESDC documenting the airline’s future efforts and commitment to decrease the reliance on foreign pilots while increasing its complement of Canadian/permanent resident pilots. The transition plan will be reviewed by ESDC for progress and can affect the outcome of future LMIA applications; and
· submit LMIA applications a minimum of three months before the first day of work to ensure Service Canada officers can thoroughly review the application. Any exception to this timeline must be requested prior to the LMIA being submitted.

snoopy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#58 Post by snoopy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Elmo,
Do you have a link to the source for this information? As well, while there are some hints of improvement, why is there still no accountability required for the recruitment process? There is still no means to prevent an operator from ignoring respondents and claiming to HRDC that no suitable applicants were found. As well, this does not in any way address non-airline TFW... is there more information?
Thanks!
Kirsten B.

“Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn’t be done.” Amelia Earhart

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#59 Post by timel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:54 am

CYOX
Rank 4
Rank 4

#60 Post by CYOX » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:36 pm

This is absolutely preposterous, I am sitting in Dubai with all my Canadian pilot friends organizing a Canada day celebration for about 400 of us, foriegn pilots working in Canada really pisses me off. :smt040

There is more to this story than meets the eye, Gilles is doing a great job of spooling you all up though.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#61 Post by timel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:56 pm

CYOX wrote:This is absolutely preposterous, I am sitting in Dubai with all my Canadian pilot friends organizing a Canada day celebration for about 400 of us, foriegn pilots working in Canada really pisses me off. :smt040

There is more to this story than meets the eye, Gilles is doing a great job of spooling you all up though.
Could 400 hundred UAE pilots take your seats? Sure they will if they can give the job to insiders. You fly in Dubai because they need you and provide good conditions to have you. Or maybe UAE pilots are more expensive than you are? That's why you are being contracted?

Canada doesn't need or has very particular temporarily needs of TFWP because there are plenty qualified pilots to take the jobs.

Your situation vs a "temporary" foreign worker is not to be compared IMO.

kiteboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

#62 Post by kiteboy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 am

+1
If there were decent jobs in Canada your celebrations would prob have about 10 people! Completely different situation! They ( Middle East carriers) exist only with foreign workers, and any local has preferred treatment!
(Posted from Green Center) shithole

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Qwest again

#63 Post by Gilles Hudicourt » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:02 pm

It seems Qwest is trying to hire Helicopter pilots in Australia and New Zealand.

Is there a shortage of qualified Canadian pilots or are they getting shafted ?

http://www.bladeslapper.com/viewtopic.p ... f=5#p80070

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

#64 Post by confusedalot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Give it up Gilles.

Never in my lifetime have I seen a market sooo.....open to inexperienced pilots here in canadastan.

actually, to support the point, I was at your company way, way, way, before you even got there, and we were fucked over big time by management, had way more background than you ever had. so we all went our different ways, and your company had no chlice but hire inexperienced people, sad to say. like you.

our problem, and our stigma, we hapenned to work for a serious competitor that went kaput. big time nasty internal politics. that cost people their livelihoods.

we're talking early to mid nineties.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

TG
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#65 Post by TG » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:53 am

This is a resurectec topic from 2014....

Speaking of ads, there is an invasion of it here now. Can barely dig posts in the middle of them.

:?

Last edited by TG on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#66 Post by Gilles Hudicourt » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:55 am

confusedalot wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 pm
Give it up Gilles.

Never in my lifetime have I seen a market sooo.....open to inexperienced pilots here in canadastan.

actually, to support the point, I was at your company way, way, way, before you even got there, and we were fucked over big time by management, had way more background than you ever had. so we all went our different ways, and your company had no chlice but hire inexperienced people, sad to say. like you.

our problem, and our stigma, we hapenned to work for a serious competitor that went kaput. big time nasty internal politics. that cost people their livelihoods.

we're talking early to mid nineties.
I don't know what you are talking about. In Europe, in Asia, they commonly hire pilots with 200 hours Total time, with no experience whatsoever, and put them in the right seat of A320s and B737s....and they call them second officers, in an aircraft with no first officer. This does not exist in Canada.

At the time I was hired, my employer required 4000 hours to get a right seat. I was hired with about 6000 hours..... Those were the days when one needed 2000 hours to get a left seat in a Navajo, remember ?

So come again ?
.....and your company had no chlice but hire inexperienced people, sad to say. like you....
Back to the subject of this thread, Qwest, in order to justity Temporary Foreign Worker visas for these posts, with have to post ads in Canada and then claim they could not find pilots here.

Here are the guidelines for determining TFW applications for pilots, as published in 2014 by ESDC:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/canad ... ng_TFW.pdf
Foreign Pilots in Canada
In recent years, concerns have been raised that some airlines are excluding Canadian pilots from seasonal
jobs by requiring job applicants to already be trained on specific types of planes (type rating) before they are
hired, which is counter to general industry standards of airlines paying for and ensuring pilots obtain their
training on the specific airline’s planes after they have been hired.
The Government of Canada consulted widely on this issue, and most stakeholders agreed that seasonal
variations in fleet capacity should not stop airlines from training pilots for specific aircraft. It was noted
that many airlines successfully contract flight time, pilot training and other training elements, such as
flight simulator time, with other airlines or with aircraft manufacturers in order to meet their training
requirements. There was a consensus that there is no shortage of Canadian commercial pilots who could be
trained to fly specific types of aircraft.
Based on stakeholder consultations, the following changes are being made for airlines requesting foreign
pilots through the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process.
Effective July 1, 2014, airlines must:
• meet the minimum advertising requirements for high-wage occupations; and
› specify the following criteria in their job postings:
› no more than a maximum of 4,000 flight hours for a First Officer and 5,000 hours for a Captain
as required experience;
› possess a valid commercial pilots’ licence;
› require English and/or French language proficiency;
› include industry standard medical testing requirements for commercial flight;
› state both the legal and common names of the airline operating in Canada;
• not include as an essential or asset requirement the necessity of holding a type rating for a specific
type of aircraft. However, requiring applicants to have experience flying equipment that is similar in
configuration and complexity to the airline’s fleet is considered acceptable;
• indicate when training bonds will be applied and they must cover a minimum of two years employment;
• negotiate a transition plan with ESDC documenting the airline’s future efforts and commitment to
decrease the reliance on foreign pilots while increasing its complement of Canadian/permanent resident
pilots. The transition plan will be reviewed by ESDC for progress and can affect the outcome of future LMIA
applications; and
• submit LMIA applications a minimum of three months before the first day of work to ensure Program
officers can thoroughly review the application. Any exception to this timeline must be requested prior to
the LMIA being submitted.

Return to “General Comments”