King Air type ratings.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: King Air type ratings.

Post by flyinhigh »

flyinthebug wrote:
Same scenario for me when I started out. We ran PA31s and C414s for medevac. We did our intial ride on one or the other machine and a PCC on the 2nd. Then we just alternated machines each year for our rides (414 one year, PA31 the next etc).
How the heck did you guys group a Piper product with a Cessna product?
---------- ADS -----------

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

flyinhigh wrote:
flyinthebug wrote:
Same scenario for me when I started out. We ran PA31s and C414s for medevac. We did our intial ride on one or the other machine and a PCC on the 2nd. Then we just alternated machines each year for our rides (414 one year, PA31 the next etc).
How the heck did you guys group a Piper product with a Cessna product?
You`d have to ask the CP or Ops Mgr but we had 3 C414s and 1 PA31 (and a Cheyenne based in Thompson). We ALL flew all the machines on a daily basis. The company applied for and was granted a grouping of the 2 aircraft...as long as we did an annual PPC on one and a PCC on the other...that kept us current on both machines. We alternated rides each year. That was back when a PPC was valid for 1 year not 2. I still have the PPC card that had them grouped on it.

The company was Pim Air in Cross Lake MB.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Bumping an old thread here... How does it change things when the King Air is operated privately, do the PPC requirements / recurrence requirements change. What about a new pilot coming on board with previous experience / PPC on a 1900D now switching to a King Air 250?

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

are ppc's required for 604? my understanding was its just train to standard, but that was when CBAA was running the 604 world.

Return to “General Comments”