TC intros new reg amends for the oversight of POC holders

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

midwingcrisis
Rank 5
Rank 5

TC intros new reg amends for the oversight of POC holders

Post by midwingcrisis »

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1364469 ... -operators

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/s ... siness.htm

Transport Canada introduces new regulatory amendments for the oversight of private operators

OTTAWA, May 30, 2014 /CNW/ - The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Minister of Transport, today announced new regulatory amendments for the oversight of private air operators.

These new regulations cover all aspects of an operation including aircraft maintenance, cabin safety, flight operations and safety management systems.

Transport Canada (TC) will now require private air operators to register with the department. Operators continue to be responsible for complying with regulations and are still subject to TC oversight.

Under the new regulations, TC strengthens safety of the air transport system as a whole.

Quick Facts

Private operators include business aircraft, which are used by companies to transport employees and goods. This sector has been regulated under sections of the Canadian Aviation Regulations due to the sophistication of the aircraft being operated. Requirements for business aircraft have been in place since 1983.

These amendments were been published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 7, 2013 and will be published in the Canada Gazette, Part II in June, 2014.

"Our Government is committed to aviation safety. These changes will ensure Canada continues to meet and exceed the highest aviation safety standards."

The Honourable Lisa Raitt
Minister of Transport

Associated Link
---------- ADS -----------

How do you go 205 kts TAS on 32 gal/hr without turbos!
ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: TC intros new reg amends for the oversight of POC holder

Post by ahramin »

Soooooo ... has anyone seen these new regulations? Summer 2014? Has TC even stated anywhere who they are going to apply to?

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

The Canada Gazette, Part II is published every two weeks on Wednesdays. The last publication was on May 21st so the next will be on June 4th. Since the press release states "June 2014" for the publication, it will either be on the 4th or 18th. So check back at the following link to see if the new regulations have been published:

Canada Gazette, Part Ⅱ: Official Regulations

The Part I publication from last December is available at the following link and gives an idea of what we can expect the final product to look like:

CG Part I Vol. 147, No. 49 — December 7, 2013: Regulations Amending the Canadian Aviation Regulations (Parts Ⅰ, II, IV, VI and VII — Private Operators)

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

If the CBAA is to be believed, there are many significant changes from what was published in December.

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Guess we'll find out for sure in the next couple of weeks... :wink:

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

So in paragraph 604.143 (3) b it refers to a standard titled "Flight Test Guide - Competency Check (Private Operators)"

Can someone who knows how to navigate the CARS better than me let me know how to find that standard?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wallypilot on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Crit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alpha Crit »

I contacted our POI on that. He said it was still being drafted. My guess is it'll be an annex to the new 624 Standards.

Alpha Crit

skymarc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skymarc »

This as nothing to do with safety, its all red tape bs.

bronson
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by bronson »

Seems to me they were under regulated or at least under-monitored. Shame to see them have to adopt ALL the red tape that commercial carriers suffer under though. Takes so long and costs so much to make anything happen.

bronson - you can be in a hurry or you can be in an airplane, but don't ever get into both at once

Return to “General Comments”