YYZ Assesments

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

elsalado
Rank 0
Rank 0

YYZ Assesments

Post by elsalado »

Does anybody have any idea when the next Toronto in person assessment is going to take place? If no one knows for sure which I don't expect, can someone tell me when the last assessment took place? Apparently there are Toronto assessments approximately twice a year on average. It's nothing important or urgent I'm just curious. I passed the online test back in December and I am looking forward to doing the in person test if I get chosen.
---------- ADS -----------

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: YYZ Assesments

Post by Legacy14 »

deleted

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

If you call the recruitment center they can tell you the approximate time of the next assessment usually. Sometimes they can give you the exact date if it's scheduled already.

Neib
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Neib »

nfpeanut wrote:If you call the recruitment center they can tell you the approximate time of the next assessment usually. Sometimes they can give you the exact date if it's scheduled already.
Hello nfpeanut can you send my a PM. I joined because I had a question for you as we are in the same boat for something. However, I am not yet allowed to send private messages.

**edit** apparently I can now send you PM and have sent a PM **edit**

TheSteamingPile
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheSteamingPile »

Hey, new to the forum and I know this thread is a few month old, but there's a session coming up in a week.

elsalado
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by elsalado »

TheSteamingPile wrote:Hey, new to the forum and I know this thread is a few month old, but there's a session coming up in a week.

Are you referring to an assessment? That can't be possible, I emailed NAVCanada about a month ago and was told there would be a session most likely at the end of May or early June. Also, there is nothing listed on the website about there being a session coming up. There are assessments taking place in Winnipeg, Vancouver and Calgary in May but there is nothing listed for Toronto.

TheSteamingPile
Rank 1
Rank 1

elsalado wrote:Are you referring to an assessment? That can't be possible, I emailed NAVCanada about a month ago and was told there would be a session most likely at the end of May or early June. Also, there is nothing listed on the website about there being a session coming up. There are assessments taking place in Winnipeg, Vancouver and Calgary in May but there is nothing listed for Toronto.
Hmm. It is possible though, in fact, it is a definite. Maybe you should email again?

elsalado
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by elsalado »

TheSteamingPile wrote:
elsalado wrote:Are you referring to an assessment? That can't be possible, I emailed NAVCanada about a month ago and was told there would be a session most likely at the end of May or early June. Also, there is nothing listed on the website about there being a session coming up. There are assessments taking place in Winnipeg, Vancouver and Calgary in May but there is nothing listed for Toronto.
Hmm. It is possible though, in fact, it is a definite. Maybe you should email again?
Are you in the assessment next week? If what you say is true I find it strange that they would give me false information. Are you sure you're not mixing up assessment with course start date?

bobbert
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bobbert »

Wow, another assessment in YWG?

They had 1 on Oct, 1 in Jan, 1 in march and now 1 in may?

Thats quite a few

TheSteamingPile
Rank 1
Rank 1

bobbert wrote:Wow, another assessment in YWG?

Thats quite a few
YYZ not YWG :D

bobbert
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bobbert »

TheSteamingPile wrote:
bobbert wrote:Wow, another assessment in YWG?

Thats quite a few
YYZ not YWG :D

Oh i know the thread is about YYZ but from the data gathered, YWG has/will have had 4 assessments in the last 7 months

Last edited by bobbert on Fri May 22, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSteamingPile
Rank 1
Rank 1

ah, I'm picking up what you're putting down now.

elsalado
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by elsalado »

Does anyone know if what Thesteamingpile is saying is true about there being a YYZ assessment next week? I can't get a hold of the recruiting center, apparently there is limited service until this Friday. I'm just asking because if there is one next week that means I have been looked over for it even though I passed the online test, and that would be quite disappointing lol.

jzt26
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jzt26 »

elsalado wrote:Does anyone know if what Thesteamingpile is saying is true about there being a YYZ assessment next week? I can't get a hold of the recruiting center, apparently there is limited service until this Friday. I'm just asking because if there is one next week that means I have been looked over for it even though I passed the online test, and that would be quite disappointing lol.
Not everyone that passes the online test is invited to the in-person assignment though.

elsalado
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by elsalado »

Not everyone that passes the online test is invited to the in-person assignment though.[/quote]

Yea I know that, which is why I would be quite disappointed, not even getting through the first hurdle. The reason why I'm being so inquisitive is because Nav Canada told me that there wouldn't be an assessment until late May at the earliest, and the website seems to confirm this because there are no upcoming assessments for Toronto listed. Then this guy comes along and claims otherwise. I asked him twice how he knows this, once on this board and in a personal message but he seems to have ignored me both times so I am wondering if this guy is just confused about it or is trying to troll me but that wouldn't make any sense.

TheSteamingPile
Rank 1
Rank 1

elsalado wrote:
Yea I know that, which is why I would be quite disappointed, not even getting through the first hurdle. The reason why I'm being so inquisitive is because Nav Canada told me that there wouldn't be an assessment until late May at the earliest, and the website seems to confirm this because there are no upcoming assessments for Toronto listed. Then this guy comes along and claims otherwise. I asked him twice how he knows this, once on this board and in a personal message but he seems to have ignored me both times so I am wondering if this guy is just confused about it or is trying to troll me but that wouldn't make any sense.
Hey man, I wasn't ignoring you, just don't check this board very often as there isn't much activity here. I just answered your PM and can assure you I am neither a troll, nor confused.

I understand it must be frustrating to be in your position, I know in all likelihood that I will be in yours soon enough (though I'll work my butt off to try not to be) but perhaps try not to be so sensitive about these things in the future. Best of luck to you.

elsalado
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by elsalado »

TheSteamingPile wrote:
elsalado wrote:
Hey man, I wasn't ignoring you, just don't check this board very often as there isn't much activity here. I just answered your PM and can assure you I am neither a troll, nor confused.

I understand it must be frustrating to be in your position, I know in all likelihood that I will be in yours soon enough (though I'll work my butt off to try not to be) but perhaps try not to be so sensitive about these things in the future. Best of luck to you.
Sorry man I apologize for that, I've just been frustrated with this process taking so long and I naively assumed I would be in the next assessment since I passed the online test. It's strange that they told me there wouldn't be an assessment any time soon, I wonder why they would tell me that. Out of curiosity, how did you find out that you would be in the assessment? Did they call you or send you an email?

TheSteamingPile
Rank 1
Rank 1

elsalado wrote:
Sorry man I apologize for that, I've just been frustrated with this process taking so long and I naively assumed I would be in the next assessment since I passed the online test. It's strange that they told me there wouldn't be an assessment any time soon, I wonder why they would tell me that. Out of curiosity, how did you find out that you would be in the assessment? Did they call you or send you an email?
Don't worry about it, we all get frustrated with the process at one point or another. I personally received an email telling me to log into the Take Charge website and RSVP for the session. I'd been waiting since February and had all but given up hope. Maybe you'll get invited to the next session or maybe your timer will run out and you'll have to reapply. Either way, if it's truly a goal of yours, keep at it.

elsalado
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by elsalado »

Apparently there's another session in June, which is strange seeing as that is only a month after the May one.

ranaman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ranaman »

Just be aware that because you have completed one step, that doesnt mean you're next on the list to move on to the next step. Some people wait months between assessments and interviews...for a number of reasons. NC keeps a "pool" of candidates that are eligible to move on to the next steps, not a rigid numbered list of "whos next". Be patient and stay focused.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”