AVCANADA

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Security check?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:35 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hi. I was checking the Navcanada website and it says one of the requirements is a security check. Does anyone know if you have any type of criminal record will that automatically disqualify you from getting hired? I'm not talking about anything major like drugs or violence but more along the lines of mischief, shoplifting or something that wouldn't prevent you from being bondable or prevent you from coaching hockey? :)

Post subject: Re: Security check?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:17 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

I'm not sure. Maybe send an email to the recruitment center and ask.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:50 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

You reply doesn't clarify anything? :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:39 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Zuludog wrote:
You reply doesn't clarify anything? :)

Because I don't know the answer to your question but made a suggestion on how to get your answer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:46 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

TheSteamingPile,

The other user deleted his post, he was not talking about your post from June 16th.

I was also confused when the other poster posted as it did not make any sense to the thread in question.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:47 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

bobbert wrote:
TheSteamingPile,

The other user deleted his post, he was not talking about your post from June 16th.

I was also confused when the other poster posted as it did not make any sense to the thread in question.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification, I was also confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:17 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

T_S_P. I sent you a Pm explaining this but for some reason I don't think it sent as it showed it was in my Outbox but not in my sent folder?? Anyway glad that it's cleared up, I took your advice and called Nav Canada on this one. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:11 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Zuludog wrote:
T_S_P. I sent you a Pm explaining this but for some reason I don't think it sent as it showed it was in my Outbox but not in my sent folder?? Anyway glad that it's cleared up, I took your advice and called Nav Canada on this one. :)

It will stay in your outbox until read by the recipient, then move to sent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:16 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Zuludog wrote:

Just got the PMs. No worries at all I was just confused about what was going on. Anyway, hope it all worked out in your favour.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:17 am 
Rank 10
Rank 10

Zuludog,

The goal of a security check (I imagine the one for NavCan is for a security clearance?) is to make sure you don't have major character flaws that would be a threat for the information you will be given and make sure you cannot be coerced into giving privileged information away in exchange for something.

If it is a one-of an you never had trouble with justice before or after, you could still get a clearance, provided your overall character is good. If you had problems with the justice system (even if not convicted) before/after your criminal record, it would definitely be more difficult to get that clearance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:06 pm 
Rank 7
Rank 7

I honestly don't remember because it was so long ago but I'm pretty sure the RCMP was involved in the process.