Online assessment test

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Flyright
Rank 0
Rank 0

Online assessment test

#1 Post by Flyright » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:35 pm

I don't get this test's purpose, the 30 question / 8 minute one.

I completed it with 2.5 minutes to spare, I believe that my score was 29/30, maybe even 30/30, yet I get red lighted.

Not sure what is going on here... My impression is that it was the result that got you to the next level, not anything else...
---------- ADS -----------

TheSealRimRady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Online assessment test

#2 Post by TheSealRimRady » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Well if you're confident in how well you did in the cognitive test, the only other place you could've failed was the personality test. If you don't meet the standard for either of those tests, you don't get the green light.

Flyright
Rank 0
Rank 0

#3 Post by Flyright » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:15 pm

What is the personality test?
I did whatever was presented, greenlit until I did the assessment which I am certain of having passed, and then got redlit. Nothing after, wait a year.

What personality would they have evaluated without even interviewing me?

:roll: :evil:

tower controller
Rank 3
Rank 3

#4 Post by tower controller » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:58 am

The selection process is far from perfect but it is what it is. If you got a red light after the on line assessment test it means you didn't pass it. If you are confident in how you did call the 1 800 number and ask for your results...

bobbert
Rank 1
Rank 1

#5 Post by bobbert » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:36 am

yeah,

The best bet would be to call the recruitment centre and see if they will divulge any information. You might have been nabbed on the personality questionnaire. There are many questions that are asked that are near duplicates of each other but are just worded differently. Thus if your answers don't match, then they wonder why the different answer.

For the 30 question assessment, I myself was only able to finish 29/30 with 100% certainty and the last question was rushed and might have gotten it right. But I also noticed 3ish trick-ish questions where the requested answer was worded slightly different than the expected way the problem was given.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”