YYZ asked to change to YWG: In-person interview yet?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

navcanhopeful
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YYZ asked to change to YWG: In-person interview yet?

Post by navcanhopeful »

The next IFR cywg class is March 2017. Expect it to be loaded late 2016~?
---------- ADS -----------

specter1075
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by specter1075 »

I would suspect there to be multiple IFR classes. If they are going to do a terminal class, it would be a terminal generic course, whereas the enroute sectors have an enroute generic portion. I don't know about the timing of any of the courses, I just know that the school is running multiple courses indefinitely. They are busy there.

fanman888
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by fanman888 »

Just heard back from my in-person interview and they placed me into the IFR stream (my 1st choice). The next IFR course (generic) for CYWG is in March and successful applicants will be notified approximately 3 months ahead of time. As stated above by others, it is a generic IFR course and people will be split off into their respective specialties within IFR stream. If I recall correctly from the telephone conversation, there are a total of 15 spots, 3 of which are for entroute.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers.

fanman888
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by fanman888 »

specter1075 wrote:The school in CZWG is running courses indefinitely, across multiple IFR specialties. No one should worry about getting a call. Opportunities abound in the YWG FIR.
Well, my second choice was VFR and there is a course starting this September in YWG. As well, there is a FSS course starting September in Gander, NL. I got in touch with someone who did his in-person interview 2 days after mine and he got offered a spot on the VFR course for September. I don't see what the problem is asking about what timelines other's have experienced. The more knowledge the better, just don't get fixated.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”