Centre controllers sectors

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Karl419
Rank 0
Rank 0

Centre controllers sectors

Post by Karl419 »

Hello,

I know how to get the PAL frequencies for contacting centre enroute controllers. Anyone know if there's a diagram showing these different sectors split up for the areas these centre enroute controllers control?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Karl419
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Centre controllers sectors

Post by Karl419 »

Anybody have a map or information regarding how the enroute controllers (both high and low) split the entire FIR and sectors during different times of the day?

gustind
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by gustind »

Check the CFS in each respective FIR. For example you can look up Toronto in there and one of the pages will list all the enroute control frequencies. The same goes for each FSS.

You can also just look up a near by airport and see what the PAL or CTR freq is in the CFS.

Daniel Gustin
Karl419
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Karl419 »

Right, I can see the PAL's in the CFS but I'm looking more in terms of how the ACC would combine several sectors into one specialty.
Is there a map or description of that?

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

Karl419 wrote:Right, I can see the PAL's in the CFS but I'm looking more in terms of how the ACC would combine several sectors into one specialty.
Is there a map or description of that?
I don't believe that that information is readily available through public sources. Not that it is too secret or anything, just no need for that to be published.

JonYTS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JonYTS »

I somehow found a website that may be outdated that shows the sector splits and consolidations. I don't remember the link but have read it a few times, yet it's slightly inaccurate.

My region is Timmins/Moosonee, which combines with Sudbury/North Bay from 8h00 PM ET to 7h00 AM ET Mon to Fri and splits at 7h00 AM. One of their controllers told me many years ago, if there are 3 controller on rotation, they work one sector for 90 minutes, take a 45 minute break and work the adjacent sector. If there are 4 on staff, they rotate 1 hour on 1 hour off in the same sector.

I have been to Toronto and Peterborough Ontario in the last 15 years. Simcoe sector 127.000 is combined with East Radar 124.92 and Peterborough 134.25 during varied times, no set schedule. When I was in Toronto tuning in to these two sectors, they would combine from as early as 9h25 PM ET to as late as 10h40 PM ET. Weekends would split and combine at different set times too.

Hope this helps.

JonYTS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JonYTS »

Timmins has a transmitter for Toronto low and Montreal High. During the peak time, Montreal centre has 9 frequencies for Timmins, Moosonee, Rouyn, and a few other central Quebec locations. During the off-peak times, which varies everyday, it shares the northern and easternmost Quebec geography as one grand unit. I believe LaGrande Quebec is the North-South dividing point, eastward to Caniapiscau on 119.4

Return to “ATS Question Forum”