Primary/Secondary Radar Locations

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Karl419
Rank 0
Rank 0

Primary/Secondary Radar Locations

Post by Karl419 »

Hello,

Got a super odd question for everyone;

Does anyone know or have access to the coordinates (lat/long) for all the primary and secondary radar locations in Canada as well as the ADS-B radars around Hudson Bay?

I have found the section in the AIP - Second 2 (Enroute). It states generally where they are (cities, towns, etc.). Through google earth I have managed to find a lot of them already (giant red antenna's, "golf ball" radar balls, etc.).

If anybody has information for this, it would be very helpful! Thank you!
---------- ADS -----------

tower controller
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Primary/Secondary Radar Locations

Post by tower controller »

You keep asking questions like that and you're likely going to get a visit from some guys in a black suburban...

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

Karl419 wrote:Hello,

Got a super odd question for everyone;

Does anyone know or have access to the coordinates (lat/long) for all the primary and secondary radar locations in Canada as well as the ADS-B radars around Hudson Bay?

I have found the section in the AIP - Second 2 (Enroute). It states generally where they are (cities, towns, etc.). Through google earth I have managed to find a lot of them already (giant red antenna's, "golf ball" radar balls, etc.).

If anybody has information for this, it would be very helpful! Thank you!
The following publication doesn't have the lat longs, but has the rest, so here it is. Page 13.

Some abbreviations you will see.

TSR (terminal surveillance radar) is PSR + SSR
ISSR is Independent SSR, meaning a stand alone SSR radar, mostly used in remote locations for enroute radar coverage.
WAM is Wide area multilateration.
ADS-B is, well, ADS-B. (satellites and all !)

Enjoy

http://www.navcanada.ca/EN/media/Public ... lan-EN.pdf

Most are easy to find, as they are at or near the airport they serve, such as at YYZ, YUL, YMX, YVR, YYC, YWG, YQR, YXE, YHM, YXU, YYB, YAM etc. Some others are harder to spot because of their distance from the airport, such as in YQB (it's on the south shore), YZV, YYT, YQX or the elusive YEG. Have you found the YEG radar? I have been trying to spot that one for a while, but can't seem to put my finger on it. I have the locations for most of the rest, but dont want to divulge them necessarily on this site.

Cessna driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Cessna driver »

thenoflyzone wrote:
Most are easy to find, as they are at or near the airport they serve, such as at YYZ, YUL, YMX, YVR, YYC, YWG, YQR, YXE, YHM, YXU, YYB, YAM etc. Some others are harder to spot because of their distance from the airport, such as in YQB (it's on the south shore), YZV, YYT, YQX or the elusive YEG. Have you found the YEG radar? I have been trying to spot that one for a while, but can't seem to put my finger on it. I have the locations for most of the rest, but dont want to divulge them necessarily on this site.

YEG's golf ball is east/southeast of the city (yes the city not leduc) by sherwood park

Return to “ATS Question Forum”