Possible course scheduling and personal conflict

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rojo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Possible course scheduling and personal conflict

Post by Rojo »

I got second in person interview for VFR air traffic control position. I am getting married in August. My thinking is that if I am successful this may clash with a course which I could possibly be offered.
Has anybody had such an event arise, how was it handled?
I intend to bring it up in the interview, in fact I believe I mentioned it on the phone interview.
---------- ADS -----------

crazy horse
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Possible course scheduling and personal conflict

Post by crazy horse »

Shouldn't be a problem. Get married on a Saturday.

rlou14
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rlou14 »

Which FIR?

DeuceEng
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DeuceEng »

The wedding itself should not be an issue. Classes generally run Mon-Fri, so unless you're getting married during the week it won't be an issue. Unfortunately any wedding stuff you need to do beforehand should be done around the class, but an occasional day off during training is possible, provided you don't miss tests or sim evals and don't fall behind.

I'm thinking you're worried about the honeymoon? That is something you would have to sacrifice if you happen to be placed on course during that time. There are lots of applicants for the small classes, so that might put you on the back burner. I have seen trainees at my unit get time off for weddings and honeymoon, but that was already after being training on the job for a while.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”