ITA clarification and support

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

ITA clarification and support

Post by rspencer38 »

Is there anyone/anywhere to get support/clarification on questions you might have about the material in the ITA? I started doing my course a little over a week ago and I'm trying to understand their answers to certain questions about the airport circuit.
---------- ADS -----------

TheSealRimRady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: ITA clarification and support

Post by TheSealRimRady »

On the ITA website there are email addresses you can use to get a hold of someone at navcanada for exactly this reason.

You will also have the chance to review the material for 1-2 weeks with instructors and classmates before the ITA exam. If it's just minor stuff you're looking to clarify, I'd wait until you start training, some of the more difficult concepts are much easier to explain in person.

Btw there are a decent number of incorrect answers scattered in the ITA block reviews. So if a "correct" answer doesn't make sense, there's a good chance it's actually an error.

RexKrammer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RexKrammer »

Did they send you a copy of the "From The Ground Up" book as well as your ITA study material? That helps explain some concepts too.

Like said above, you will have time to discuss any things you need clarifying with the instructors at the start of your course. Make a note of any questions you have and bring these up during your first week. You will cover everything you need to know for the ITA exam during this time. So long as you have put the study time in before your course starts and you know and appreciate the majority of the concepts being told, you will do fine in the exam,

Last edited by RexKrammer on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tower controller
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tower controller »

You will also have the chance to review the material for 1-2 weeks with instructors and classmates before the ITA exam.
That's not always the case. The ITA is meant to be self study and in some cases the ITA exam has been written in the first week of the course.

It depends on how long students have had the ITA prior to the course start.

It is your responsibility to know it and I strongly suggest you know it before your course starts. You will have an opportunity to ask questions but on the last course I was involved in it was a two day review certainly not two weeks.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

They did not send me a copy of "From the ground up" as part of the package.

chobs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chobs »

It was two weeks of study in class before we wrote our test, but again, I am unsure if that is the norm or just what happened in our case. You could probably find out what the situation will be before you arrive (for example my instructor sent us the tentative schedule a few weeks before course).

I also second what was said earlier - there are some incorrect answers on the ITA (especially so on Block 1).

If you have any specific questions about ITA material feel free to send me a PM and I'll see if I can help.

TheSealRimRady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheSealRimRady »

That's not always the case. The ITA is meant to be self study and in some cases the ITA exam has been written in the first week of the course.

It depends on how long students have had the ITA prior to the course start.

It is your responsibility to know it and I strongly suggest you know it before your course starts. You will have an opportunity to ask questions but on the last course I was involved in it was a two day review certainly not two weeks.[/quote]

This is better advice. The ITA exam will either be the easiest or hardest test you'll take in training, depending on how much yous study.

navcanhopeful
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by navcanhopeful »

I would suggest reading this thread along with searching for others

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=107392

ProfessionalATC
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ProfessionalATC »

Do the Quizzes you do at the end of each lesson in the ITA have any bearing or effect on your course. If you fail a lesson quiz in the Pre study information they send to you will it affect you when you start your course ?

Thank You

tower controller
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tower controller »

Do the Quizzes you do at the end of each lesson in the ITA have any bearing or effect on your course. If you fail a lesson quiz in the Pre study information they send to you will it affect you when you start your course ?
Nope we don't even really know if you've done the ITA or not. It's going to be really evident really quick if you haven't done it and spent a significant amount of time learning the material but we don't have any way of checking to see if you actually did it...

My suggestion is to study it and learn it, you may be expected to write ITA exam the first week of the course In some cases courses get a couple of week review and in some cases they don't. I expect students to show up prepared with the ITA completed.

Tc

Return to “ATS Question Forum”