YVR demand

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Prairie Highway
Rank 1
Rank 1

YVR demand

Post by Prairie Highway »

In respect to the upcoming YVR assessment in August, can anyone tell me generally what the demand in the region is at the moment?
---------- ADS -----------

mjr2009
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR demand

Post by mjr2009 »

I can speak for IFR. Generally, they are short controllers and hiring. There will be possibly 2 IFR courses run in May 2017 (for sure 1). Most likely both an enroute and terminal course will be run. I know there is a VFR course already scheduled for this fall. I do not know about FSS.

Prairie Highway
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pertaining to the VFR course this fall: there is an assessment session in August, I wonder if it is possible to still get into that VFR course this close to its start date?

mjr2009
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mjr2009 »

Prairie Highway wrote:Pertaining to the VFR course this fall: there is an assessment session in August, I wonder if it is possible to still get into that VFR course this close to its start date?
It is still possible, I know they asked me if I was interested in the VFR course this fall. I said no - but there are other factors that preclude me currently not doing VFR. It is always possible to get on the course, but, keep in mind it is very close to the start date and there are pre course requirements to complete as well.

Regards
mjr

Prairie Highway
Rank 1
Rank 1

Got it all figured. Thanks for your replies!

Return to “ATS Question Forum”