YVR- What exactly is the simulator like?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Brettss
Rank 0
Rank 0

YVR- What exactly is the simulator like?

Post by Brettss »

Having already done the second interview, I just go contacted about coming in for a simulator session. I was told in the email that it will not be graded. How difficult is the simulator? Is there anything that can be done to prepare? If it is not graded then how does this affect whether or not I get placed on course?
---------- ADS -----------

mjr2009
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR- What exactly is the simulator like?

Post by mjr2009 »

That's a good question, I asked the same type of question in a previous post. From what I gather, it is a very good opportunity more for the instructors and training team to see potential students first hand. They will be able to see how you react in a simulator both towards the simulator itself and towards instruction. I am also scheduled for a simulator exercise in Vancouver. Moreover, for what I have been told, the simulator exercise is not difficult. It is only a voice recognition simulator in that there are no people interfacing with you as the pilots/other ATC personnel. Later phases in IFR training will have live persons interfacing with the SIM itself. I might see you there, what date are you going...or do you know?

Brettss
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Brettss »

I think 1 pm on the 7th of December.

mjr2009
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mjr2009 »

I think that is my time too - looks like I will see you there. Looking forward to one step closer! Cheers

greg2differ
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by greg2differ »

Deleted

Last edited by greg2differ on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
greg2differ
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by greg2differ »

Hey, everyone! I've got a SIM run coming up soon as well. Any chance you would mind sharing some words of wisdom from your experience? I'd DM you.. but I don't have the reputation for it.. Thanks!

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

Brettss wrote:Having already done the second interview, I just go contacted about coming in for a simulator session. I was told in the email that it will not be graded. How difficult is the simulator? Is there anything that can be done to prepare? If it is not graded then how does this affect whether or not I get placed on course?
Have you applied through the employee referral program (ERP) or through the website?

Return to “ATS Question Forum”