Any Vancouver Area Based Controllers Here?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jroc100
Rank 0
Rank 0

Any Vancouver Area Based Controllers Here?

#1 Post by jroc100 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi,

I am very interested in applying to Nav Canada. I will be in the Vancouver area Monday February 20th on unrelated business and have a mostly free day. I am wondering if anybody is able to point me in the right direction to perhaps arrange a visit at one of the local facilities?

I have no real preference in which, although the tower at YVR would be convenient.

Thank you kindly.
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Any Vancouver Area Based Controllers Here?

#2 Post by CpnCrunch » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:25 pm

jroc100 wrote:Hi,

I am very interested in applying to Nav Canada. I will be in the Vancouver area Monday February 20th on unrelated business and have a mostly free day. I am wondering if anybody is able to point me in the right direction to perhaps arrange a visit at one of the local facilities?

I have no real preference in which, although the tower at YVR would be convenient.

Thank you kindly.
There are a few Vancouver area controllers in the BC General Aviation group (www.bcaviation.ca). I would recommend joining the group and posting on their facebook page, and you'll get a much better response than here. The group is very active, and one of the guys behind the group is a controller in the Vancouver area. They have regular tours of the various towers, although I'm not sure if they can arrange a visit for a single person at short notice. (Usually the tours are pre-arranged and have 10 or 15 people in the group).
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “ATS Question Forum”