Can someone from Vancouver help?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Can someone from Vancouver help?

Post by TGSky »

I'm going for training in May, in having a hard time finding short term accommodations. Can anyone familiar with the area make any suggestions?
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by TGSky on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Can someone from Vancouver help?

Post by kevenv »

The company asked you to go from Moncton to Surrey to train and they offer no assistance at all?

geoeng
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by geoeng »

I'm not from Vancouver, but I've often had success finding short-term accommodations through university/college housing websites. The fact that you're looking for the summer may help. Good luck!

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TGSky »

I will look into schools in the area, thanks for the suggestion! To answer the other question, I haven't spoken to the training staff in Surrey yet. They're supposed to call Monday. That being said I was told that relocation assistance isn't offered until on the job training.

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

I understand the lack of relocation assistance but hopefully the staff out there will be able to point you in the right direction.

husky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by husky »

The centre is in newton, a part of surrey near 72nd ave and King George blvd. This is a bit of a rough area, but on the bright side housing is relatively inexpensive. I'd look for an apartment or basement suite in the general area. I see several suites on craigslist for rent. If you have a specific question, pm me and I'll try to help.

controllercrazy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by controllercrazy »

Same as what husky said - newton isn't a great area so you might find something for cheaper. It is technically transit accessible if you take the 96 from Surrey Central/King George. Simon Fraser University Surrey campus is located at Central City malll, so if you're looking for rentals around a university district, that is your best bet.

If you choose to live there, it's a train ride away from the rest of Vancouver so at least you're not too isolated.

There's a bar at the mall too (not a sketch one) for when you want to get away from the books.

Lemme know if you have more q's.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”