AVCANADA

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Just wondering how long it can take for the initial fss medical to be approved? I did my medical & other appointments about 7 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything from Navcanada yet. I'm probably going to contact them this week to make sure there's no issues, but just wondering if that's normal? Seems like a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:50 am 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Slothhead wrote:
Just wondering how long it can take for the initial fss medical to be approved? I did my medical & other appointments about 7 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything from Navcanada yet. I'm probably going to contact them this week to make sure there's no issues, but just wondering if that's normal? Seems like a long time.

This is a bit confusing. Are you saying that you did your medical through Nav Canada or did you do it through a CAME? If it is the CAME (like all ATC medicals) they send your paperwork to Transport Canada. He should have been able to tell you at the time of your medical whether or not you passed. Transport is the one that approves your medical or not. Nav has nothing to do with it. Nor are they able to find out what the hold up is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

I had it done through the CAME, who sent the report to a company called Oncidium. It was my understanding that Oncidium was going to do some kind of report and give it to NavCanada. The doctor said I was fine, but I want to make sure the right report gets to the right people, since my training offer is pending a background check (already done) & medical clearance.

On my takecharge profile page, theres a documentation section, and under the medical report it is showing "pending".

Oncidium is not responding to me to confirm that they received everything they need from the doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

I could be wrong but something seems a little off. Usually the way it works is the doctor sends the forms to Transport Canada, Transport sends the medical to you, and you send the medical to Nav Canada. I have never heard of Oncidium and don't know why they are involved. I would recommend contacting Transport Canada to ask if they have your application.

Edit: just noticed you are talking about an FSS medical, not ATC. I have no experience with those so the above may not be relevant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:27 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Yeah, i believe the FSS medical process may be different. on my forms it specifically said, in big, capitol letters "THIS IS NOT A TRANSPORT CANADA MEDICAL".

either way, the report must've come through because my takecharge page has been updated and shows they've received my medical, so, all good.