Nav Canada Flight Inspection Pilots

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jd832
Rank 2
Rank 2

Nav Canada Flight Inspection Pilots

Post by jd832 »

Hello Everyone,

I've been curious for a while about working for Nav Canada as a pilot flying their flight inspection aircraft, but I've never seen any job openings for this position.

Does anyone have any info about this? What does attrition, QOL, pay, schedules etc... look like?

Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Nav Canada Flight Inspection Pilots

Post by FL007 »

jd832 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 am Hello Everyone,

I've been curious for a while about working for Nav Canada as a pilot flying their flight inspection aircraft, but I've never seen any job openings for this position.

Does anyone have any info about this? What does attrition, QOL, pay, schedules etc... look like?

Cheers!
I think the fact you never see any job openings for this position tells you a lot about it.

TT1900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TT1900 »

From the limited information I have received you must join NavCanada in another capacity and they then fill the positions internally. The only person I know there was former instructor at the RCAF ICP School who went to work for NavCan doing approach procedure & design, then eventually progressed to flying. The QOL sounded quite good, away for a week at a time max, and based in Ottawa or Kelowna.

rwrink
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rwrink »

I had the pleasure of tagging along with them last week and they are a great bunch doing some very interesting flying.

I don't think they will be hiring in the near term.

Good luck

Rob

Return to “ATS Question Forum”