Tinnitus

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tiramisu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Tinnitus

Post by tiramisu »

Hello All,

I have tinnitus but it does not affect me in my every day life. Would having tinnitus (ringing sound in ear) affect one's ability to be chosen for the course? Would they be asking or testing about it?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

TT1900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Tinnitus

Post by TT1900 »

I’m not a controller but have the same condition. I fill out all the boxes on the annual medical honestly, so the examiners know I have it, but I have never once been questioned about it. As long as I go in the isolation booth and pass the tone tests it seems to be a non-issue as I’m still flying.

Hopefully works the same for you. Good luck!

tiramisu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tiramisu »

TT1900 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 pm I’m not a controller but have the same condition. I fill out all the boxes on the annual medical honestly, so the examiners know I have it, but I have never once been questioned about it. As long as I go in the isolation booth and pass the tone tests it seems to be a non-issue as I’m still flying.

Hopefully works the same for you. Good luck!
Thanks! Anyone have any insight for ATC medicals?

Dyngwal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dyngwal »

Your first aviation medical will require an audiogram. It’ll be up to the RAMO if the results are acceptable. The only thing NavCanada cares about is your ability to get the medical.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”